The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with some serious rattling in the trunkage area :p My bumper is actually what rattles the most. I'll have the stereo on and I'll apply pressure to the driver side of the bumper and the rattling will stop noticeably. I figure I'll just cram something in between the bumper. Also, if I have the stereo or bass high enough, the whole trunk lid will vibrate, almost looks like its going to fall off, I figured I'd use dynamat on the trunk.

How did you guys solve your rattling problems, maybe I'll try some of your methods.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
1,927 Posts
well i have the same problem with the bumber but i never had my spare in and still dont but i just laid a blanket in the spare tire well and it stop alot of rattling from the out side and inside

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well inside it sounds great! But once I get outside and if I have the volume up high enough all you hear is rattling.

·
Registered
386 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
well i have the same problem with the bumber but i never had my spare in and still dont but i just laid a blanket in the spare tire well and it stop alot of rattling from the out side and inside
it's BUMPER, not BUMBER, damnit! that pisses me off so much .. it's been gone over time and time again. haha, sorry, nothing against you, i just can't stand looking at "bumber"

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Go to Home Depot or somewhere similar and ask for "Great Stuff" self expanding foam..

Wear gloves using this shit... I'm not kidding...... It's a self expanding foam and it gets as hard as styerofoam (SP).

I had the same problem so I back filled my bumper with it. after it dried I cut the execess with a razor blade.

G

·
i'm too much of a novis (spellin) to try and do it myself. so i'd just go get dynamat if i were you. but if u know a thing or 2 about it...do the foam shit

·
Banned
3 Posts
has anyone used that fosgate noise killer? Does that work just as good as dynamat or better/worse?:confused:

·
Registered
453 Posts
The first option in many cases is just this...

Get used to it.

Over a period of 4 years, there has always been SOMETHING that has rattled. Once you "fix" one problem area, you'll notice another. Unless you're going the whole 9 yards and getting your car entirely sound deadened by a professional... I feel that there is no amount of time great enough to completely solve the rattling problem on an Altima.

Most other cars aren't nearly as bad.... Alty's suck when it comes to having a solid body construction (in the rear at least)

Just venting... thanks.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Simans82 said:
The first option in many cases is just this...

Get used to it.

Over a period of 4 years, there has always been SOMETHING that has rattled. Once you "fix" one problem area, you'll notice another. Unless you're going the whole 9 yards and getting your car entirely sound deadened by a professional... I feel that there is no amount of time great enough to completely solve the rattling problem on an Altima.

Most other cars aren't nearly as bad.... Alty's suck when it comes to having a solid body construction (in the rear at least)

I totally agree...

But some of the rattling is louder then the bass.
Hehehe

·
Registered
453 Posts
DeRaNgEd said:
I totally agree...

But some of the rattling is louder then the bass.
Hehehe
Yeah there's no doubt about that.

One thing I realized when I had my first system was that while sitting inside the car, you really can't hear the shaking (for the most part) so I always just turned it down when I got close to my destination (usually a group of people chillin' outside) and never played it driving away. lol That was my solution to sound deadening. So long as no one heard the rattling... I didn't care. Figure you spend that much money on a system you want to show it off... but the people who really knew anything about systems didn't care about the rattling on the outside of the car, only what it sounded like sitting in the drivers seat.

·
Buzz Life
93 Posts
my installer (good friend, been doin' this about 15 yrs.), told me that "dynamat extreme is the best shit on earth". i've asked about knock-offs & other brands, they said they've played around w/samples of other products, but still nothing comes close. i used the dynamat trunk kit, huge diff. gonna get 2 bulk packs of extreme next and go ape shit on the car.

G

·
I did fill in the vanes on the trunk lid with expanding foam... but wouldn't recommend it. It warped it a bit. If we had done it a bit at a time it would have been ok I think. Also sprayed the expanding foam under the rear deck (dash) My vents that are in the rear dash no longer "vent" anywhere, but I haven't noticed that it causes any problems. My rear bumper still rattles. Along with my driver door console, rear-view mirror (mine attaces to the headliner not the windshield), sun-roof and head liner. It's never going to not rattle, I've accepted that.

Demmy

·
was up
2,392 Posts
i have given up on the rattles...itll never stop. my mirror doesnt even handle hard hittin bass anymore, it faces the e-brake after a few good hits:D

my mirror is so shitty now that when i crank the car, the exhaust or rpm vibrations rattle it at a certain RPM. my deck doesnt rattle much anymore, the brake light does every now and then. and the trunk!! its not even worth mentioning. you can hear it even standing in front of the car. its a piece of crap:angry2:

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Neegra said:
i have given up on the rattles...itll never stop. my mirror doesnt even handle hard hittin bass anymore, it faces the e-brake after a few good hits:D

my mirror is so shitty now that when i crank the car, the exhaust or rpm vibrations rattle it at a certain RPM. my deck doesnt rattle much anymore, the brake light does every now and then. and the trunk!! its not even worth mentioning. you can hear it even standing in front of the car. its a piece of crap:angry2:
exactly, u'r car will never feel like its ONE peice again, atleast mine doesnt:(

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well as far as my set up goes all I have is a 1200 Watt JBL amp and 2-12" Audiobahn subs in a sealed box. My friend said he'd hook me up with dynamat for what he gets it at (something like 80% off retail price) so I might go that route, but I'll give that expanding foam a try too.

G

·
i have alot of raltting on the meatl part of the back deck, what can i do to muffle this? its getting really bad. Can i remove that metal piece behing the seat? What is the point of that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts