The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,

I got a 94 atly, just a couple of days ago i have noticed loud rattling coming under the car. So today i leaned to take a look and some sort of heat shield looking thing was flopping around. It's right in the middle of the car closer to the front wheels. Am wondering how to fix it, and if its welded or there any bolts i can fix or something.

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should just jack up the car, see what the heck is going on, and tighten or get new bolts. Makes sence exept it gonna rain for like 4 days here in Jersey. Well I just might as well go to a car wash and do it there under the covered hut. heh. thanks

·
Qµì¢K L£ã®Ñ€r
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I donno about braking it off, what if someday i will be driving and a huge peace of sharp angled rock sort of like a little asstroid hits the underneath and makes a hole in whatever the shield should be protecting. that was a thought i had in mind

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If that were to ever happen it would probably break through that little piece of sheet metal anyway.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Best idea would be to find out why it's loose first. If it's the bolts, then just tighten it back up. If the heat shield is cracked (happened to mine around the mounting points) you've got to either cut it off the car or attach it back to the cat as best as you can. I just used a hose clamp and clamped the loose piece onto the flex pipe above it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts