The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my shift knob finally which I will be installing in the morning. Before I start, is there anything I should know? Any helpful advice, suggestions, do's and dont's. I don't know anything about cars and I do not want to mess this up. In the instructions I got it said to disconnect the battery, but on the instructions on this site it doesn't mention it so do I have to? Thanks.

Oh yeah, it's the Razo Gun Grip A/T Shift Knob with an Overdrive button.

·
6,859 Posts
eXyle said:
I got my shift knob finally which I will be installing in the morning. Before I start, is there anything I should know? Any helpful advice, suggestions, do's and dont's. I don't know anything about cars and I do not want to mess this up. In the instructions I got it said to disconnect the battery, but on the instructions on this site it doesn't mention it so do I have to? Thanks.

Oh yeah, it's the Razo Gun Grip A/T Shift Knob with an Overdrive button.
I think that the disconnecting the battery part is just a safety precaution. The haynes manual practically suggests disconnecting the battery for any electrical procedure.

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
324 Posts
You should not have any problems.

I agree to disconnect your negative terminal before doing anything that involves electric wires.

Here's a pic of my Razo shift knob w/o the OD button:

Installation is pretty much the same as with the Razo with the OD button. I've relocated the OD (red) button on the console.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.