The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get alternator wine through the rca cable?

Im thinking this is the cuase of the alternator noise in my speakers. I bought some monster cable rcas and I am going to slit the carpet open and run the rca down the center of the car to get rid of the noise. Ive lifted up the pannels covering both the runs on each side of the 2nd gen and wires other than my sys wires so im thinking they might be interfearing with my rcas.

If this dosent solve the problem im just gonna pay my trused local shop 100 to solve the problem cuse its starting to piss me off....

Thanks to all who respond to this question

Jon

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
I got some when I had cheaper RCAs. I brought it down when I bought some Tsu-something-something-something's and got rid of virtually all of it when I added grounding in the engine bay as well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
thajones -- could you explain what you did to "ground the engine." I'm gettnig some whine. I was able to reduce it significantly, but it's not gone. Thanks for any help.

easternjane -- please let me know if re-routing your RCAs works. Thanks.

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
thajones -- could you explain what you did to "ground the engine." I'm gettnig some whine. I was able to reduce it significantly, but it's not gone. Thanks for any help.

If you look in my registry here...
http://www.nissantalk.com/registry/vehicles.php?vehicleid=2310

You will see where I used grounding wires. I used red :smack: I'll change it when I have nothing else to do. One thing I made sure to do was sand the paint off where I was grounding to get a better connection.

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
All you really need to do is run the RCA's down one side of the car and the power cable down the other side. That will most likely get rid of the wine. If it doesn't, then you have a grounding issue, therefore you will need to make sure all the ground points are nice and clean and tight.

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, I changed the rca and the alternator noise when I accelerate and am drving when away. These cheap monster cables (29.99 for 25ft) are better then the 75.00 tusami rcas I got. :angry2:, I might have to just go get another pair and do the sub also. I ran this cable next to the tusami cable and tested each, with the monster I didnt get the alternator wine in the speakers when I accelerated, I still get some crackeling when I cranking it up from low vols but that annoying wine is gone which makes me happy.

Im going to try to figure out the ground system, Currenlty im working on my video project for the altima. : ps2 under the pass seat, Over head monitor in domblight place (7.2inches flip down).

But I think I might try to fix my ground problem tommorrow.

This is the first time I took apart alot of the interrior of my alti lol.

Im going to try that engine ground kid thajones did also and see if that helps the crackling sounds when turning up the vol at low vols.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Groggy23 said:
sweet, im glad you got it working ok.. I had some whining noise pretty bad too. When I uped my power from 4awg to 1/0awg and crossed my power/rcas 90 degrees. noise went bye bye.
what do you mean by crossing them 90 degrees??

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
01LTD said:
All you really need to do is run the RCA's down one side of the car and the power cable down the other side. That will most likely get rid of the wine. If it doesn't, then you have a grounding issue, therefore you will need to make sure all the ground points are nice and clean and tight.

Did that it was the sheilding on the orignal wires that was too thin... I bought some monster thx 20ft home theater wires and they work perfect. much cheaper than any of the car audio wires and work the same.

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Groggy23 said:
sweet, im glad you got it working ok.. I had some whining noise pretty bad too. When I uped my power from 4awg to 1/0awg and crossed my power/rcas 90 degrees. noise went bye bye.

Thanks man. I was getting really upset at the wining noise when I had nothing playing It would constantly sound like the alternator wine. I guess the thicker sheilding on these got rid of it. I ran them right next to the old ones.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
what i meant was IF your RCA's and power cables had to cross each other, lay them in a cross pattern, perpendicular NOT parallel. should help a little or a lot depending on what RCA's you got. For some reason when bought the generic super shielded I thought it would be better. Wrong, it just made it worse.. So I ended up buying up the stinger RCA's and eleminated about 40% of the noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts