The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Fog lights

Yes, I did a search. Here's my problem I bought some stock foglights and I hook them up fine. Now, I used after market wires that came with a switch, relay, and fuse (I read the faq'd write and was to lazy to go that route). My problem is I don't know if I should hook the fog into my corner lights because I have those washer lights already spilced into them, and I don't want to burn the wire. Is there any other place to wire the fogs so that when I turn my car off I don't have to hit the independent switch all the time.

·
L4D2 Rage!
1,818 Posts
You shouldnt burn out the wire, a relay doesnt need much current to turn it on, its basically just a electric magnet, they should turn off when you turn off the corner lignts

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Fog lights

I was actually refering to the second one.

"The second method is slightly better where you're directly tapping into the POS of the battery, and running a switch and a fuse.

The problem with this method is that you may sometimes forget to turn on, or worse, turn off your fog lamps because it's separate from the rest of the car's electrical system. Plus, eventhough you will be using a fuse to prevent damage from a short, some switches have a lower tolerance than a fuse. With a direct connection to the battery running through the switch, the switch may get damaged."

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
If you're asking......

ALTIMA21 said:
Is there any other place to wire the fogs so that when I turn my car off I don't have to hit the independent switch all the time.
..... then what you want to do is the 3rd method. The 3rd method with the relay is just a slight variance of the 2nd method.

With a relay hooked into the corner/driving lights, when you turn off all the lights with the main light control on the stalk, the fogs will turn off (even if you left the fog switch in the ON position).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts