The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after thinking about it for a while , I decided to build a Regrounding setup ... Got 2 Streetwire Battery clamps , new big wire , did the + like it was , just new terminals , and made new grounds using big ground cable , Battery to body to engine , and added a distribution block to add new grounds to the intake manifold and Air flow sensor ..... let me tell you !!!! Way smoother , and it does pull harder , I have to say its one of the most quickly noticeable mods I have done so far !!!! I was blown away .... I had doubts about it actually doing anything , but I am sold !!! Get those grounds clean and tight and add new grounds to your MAF and Intake and you will not regret it !!!! Next is the truck !!

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
off topic but damn shawn ur car looks so nice and to think all u have is a civic lip and aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
432 Posts
SHAWN said:
Well after thinking about it for a while , I decided to build a Regrounding setup ... Got 2 Streetwire Battery clamps , new big wire , did the + like it was , just new terminals , and made new grounds using big ground cable , Battery to body to engine , and added a distribution block to add new grounds to the intake manifold and Air flow sensor ..... let me tell you !!!! Way smoother , and it does pull harder , I have to say its one of the most quickly noticeable mods I have done so far !!!! I was blown away .... I had doubts about it actually doing anything , but I am sold !!! Get those grounds clean and tight and add new grounds to your MAF and Intake and you will not regret it !!!! Next is the truck !!
That sounds like a really good project. Could you PLEASE post some pics in order to help your less ingeniuos brethern :D
Thanx Horatio.

·
Registered
432 Posts
RicerX...

Click on Shawn's Alti picture(exactly as it says on the pic :rolleyes: ) to find out more about the Civic lip.
H.

·
JDM NCP31 & CZ4A
6,528 Posts
u should get pictures on it...i wanna SEE the install...

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
damn, SHAWN, really? I never would've thought a ground kit would help, that much. Sounds good though and keep up the good work!!

He used an EX civic lip and modified to his front bumper.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
when is this ****ing winter gonna end. im gonna replace it all with stinger wires. i wanna replace the + too

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
i think Nissanfreak posted this awhile ago, Im pretty sure that he had the places he used in his thread. Check it out.

·
Malfunctioning Member
3,107 Posts
Re: RicerX...

Horatio said:
Click on Shawn's Alti picture(exactly as it says on the pic :rolleyes: ) to find out more about the Civic lip.
H.
nah, too much work. I'll just take your word for it. :p

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hey Shawn, can you give us a little bit more info, like what points on the engine you grounded to, how you spliced into the wires for the sensors, what guage wire you used? This sounds really interesting...

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
I support Shawn 100% on the results...I used a 8 gauge wire to run from the numerous grounding points to the distribution box then used a 4 gauge wire to finally ground the distribution box to the battery terminal. I also added an extra 4 gauge wire from the battery terminal to the chasis. Here are some pics:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts