The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Re: I haven't prayed in years.....

Re: >>Waddy's thread<<

It's funny how the people that won't pray feel the need to make a point of letting Waddy know they're not going to pray. You could have just said, "I wish them luck" without the "but I'm not going to pray" part.

The posts by def35, PorscheKid, and dnvrfan were worded perfectly, in my opinion.

Sorry for starting a new thread about it, but I didn't want to further contaminate Waddy's thread with religious babble.

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
I think it's good that you saved this for a different thread.

Short answer is that not praying doesn't harm someone so it's not hurting a cause. And the same reason someone may say they are not praying is the same reason why another person may say that they always pray. Both are relevant to the thread because of how Waddy phrased it, but neither is really neccessary.

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
rEvVoMaNiAc said:
Re: >>Waddy's thread<<

You could have just said, "I wish them luck" without the "but I'm not going to pray" part, like def35, PorscheKid, or dnvrfan.[\QUOTE]

not sure if you are throwing me under the bus but this is what I posted and I never said anything about not praying:

This brings a tear to my eyes Waddy. I am sincerely worried about your Mother and hope that she stays safe and comes out of this ok. That thing is huge.

Because I did not say I would prayu makes it wrong. There were several other people that made the I am not going to pray comment that you failed to list.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dnvrfan, you misunderstood me. I pointed you out, along with def35 and PorscheKid, as an example of what should have been done. So I was giving you props. :) def35 and PorscheKid, too.

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
rEvVoMaNiAc said:
dnvrfan, you misunderstood me. I pointed you out, along with def35 and PorscheKid, as an example of what should have been done. So I was giving you props. :) def35 and PorscheKid, too.
I've been missing alot of things lately :confused2

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
def35 said:
Please no one argue religion w/Revv, we've done this before.
You're also misunderstanding me. I'm not out to argue religion, and whether prayer is good or bad. I'm just making a point for diplomacy... Waddy asked those who believe in prayer to pray. I just thought it was in poor taste to use that particular thread to specifically make it known that you don't pray.

I'm using "you" as a general term. Again, def35, this thread is not aimed at you, specifically. You were one of the guys, along with Porschekid and dnvrfan, that I respected for your diplomacy. :)

EDIT: I reworded my original post to eliminate confusion. :)

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
rEvVoMaNiAc said:

Sorry I was not sure. I was like what did I do wrong. I thought I expressed my feelings rather well. Again I am sorry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I also apologize to Ben and lionsgraphics, the duo to whom this thread was dedicated, for my "outburst" of sorts. I don't mean to start anything, but it just seemed odd... The way I saw it: Waddy was worrying to death about his family in Jamaica, and in the midst of it all, two people decide to make the announcement that they do not pray. Like I said before, it just seemed in poor taste, that's all.

I don't really need to defend my point of view any further, or to try and make you see it my way, simply because I'm sure that neither of you meant any ill or harm by your posts. That they just rubbed me the wrong way is perhaps my own problem, but I just wanted to provide a little "heads-up" as to the way they came across.

Anyway, carry on. :D (with the other thread, the important one. This one can die now).

·
1,873 Posts
rEvVoMaNiAc said:
..........Waddy asked those who believe in prayer to pray. I just thought it was in poor taste to use that particular thread to specifically make it known that you don't pray.

:)
I'm a little confused because of the title of his thread 'I havent prayed in years' tells me that he doesnt believe in prayer.......

:wall:

I hope the best for Waddy and his family and anyone else that this hurricaine my effect....

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
Some people have obviously failed to learn a very valuable life lesson... theres a time and a place for everything. That thread was most definately not the place for declaring that you don't pray.

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
5,546 Posts
I just hate when people tell me that their prayers are with me. Makes me want to tell them to go fuck themselves. Why is there a thread about not praying?

All of the Atheist's on this site know who each other are and we all have the same view. "Keep your religious comments/BS to yourself." Cause we can talk about shit that would really disturb people. It's a respect thing.

BTW: I didn't read Waddy's thread. I just saw my girl posting shit to keep it real.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts