The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an altima that I need to swap out the current HU (pioneer) with the factory unit (putting it back to stock). The installation looks clean, so I'm guessing it's a pretty clean install behind the deck as well. Is the Harness usually cut off so that it will have to be re-wired or will it be able to just plug back in? I'm assuming it will need to be re-wired...

Thanks for the help, I'm new to this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It depends on how the pioneer was installed. If it was cut then you have to re-wire. But if they used a wiring harness then all you need to do is remove the harness that goes from the car to the pioneer and plug the car harness into the stock unit. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no that makes sense. That's basically what I was asking, I didn't know if it was more common to buy an adapter or just rewire it. It looks like a professional install, so hopefully it's just an adapter.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Groggy23 said:
i did the install myself w/ my alpine 9827 i had to use a wiring harness which involved splicing and all that.. should'nt be too hard though as long as you have a wiring chart and some patience. ;)
If you used a harness you shouldn't have had to splice any of the car's wires. The harness has a plug on one end and just bare wires on the other. The plug end connects directly to the factory plugs that normally go into the radio. You then splice the bare ends of the harness into the wires coming out of the aftermarket radio.

If a harness was used, which is how it is usually done, all you will have to do is unplug the harness from the factory plugs and then plug in the factory cd player. You don't need any charts or diagrams. The whole point of using a harness is so you don't have to cut any of the factory wires.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
chrisschnider said:
If you used a harness you shouldn't have had to splice any of the car's wires. The harness has a plug on one end and just bare wires on the other. The plug end connects directly to the factory plugs that normally go into the radio. You then splice the bare ends of the harness into the wires coming out of the aftermarket radio.
Thats what I meant. ;)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Groggy23 said:
i guess i meant the alpine plug connected to the harness which connected to factory which i had to splice.
Yeah but if he's just trying to put the factory back in, just unplug the harness, for the pioneer radio, and it's back to factory...simply plug those plugs into the factory radio and you're good to go. No good shop will cut your factory harness off...even if they didn't have the plug, they could just tap into the wire behind the plug.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
i think you guys are confusing him.

factory harness plus - aftermarket harness plug - aftermarket wiring harness splices to aftermarket deck harness - afrermarket deck harness plugs into deck.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Yeah but if he's just trying to put the factory back in, just unplug the harness, for the pioneer radio, and it's back to factory...simply plug those plugs into the factory radio and you're good to go. No good shop will cut your factory harness off...even if they didn't have the plug, they could just tap into the wire behind the plug.
Thats what I think too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts