The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
dismember
Joined
·
11,347 Posts
lol, i hope stillen isn't a sponsor:ugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,185 Posts
are specs available for the jwt cams?
i met a guy who came into my work the other day who owns a machine shop. all they do is make custom cams...mostly for domestics though. he said if i was ever interested in getting new cams to stop by. im pretty sure it probably wouldnt be worth the hassle though.
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
yeah i've got em

lift:

old intake cam - 1.707; exhaust cam - 1.703
JWT intake cam - 1.665 ; exhaust cam - 1.609

but the degree is different and i don't have that.

In reference to Stillen's sponsorship, Ooops :rolleyes:
 

·
Hello my name is Distance
Joined
·
6,028 Posts
thats what i thought, but would there really be a diference if you had regrinded stock cams to match the JWT cores or what? Im talking about performance. Whats it matter if its billet or not? just wondering
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
well, normally, there's a higher lift in the cams, but in JWT's case, there's not. That's b/c the lower lift but longer durations (from stock) help out with a smoother idle, but still adds to more flow and thus, power. A normal performance cam will have a higher lift thus increasing the duration, but then you get a rough idle.

The billet cores could match a reground set of stocks, but the billets will last longer and be smoother in cycle. A regrind is not as strong as a billet core. But in this case yes, a set of stocks can be reground to these specs seeing as how the lift's are shorter.

However, there's a difference in overlap and degree of rotation. the JWT performance cams have more overlap than a stock set, so it won't be the same.

Just an FYI, boost applications don't like overlap hence the reason for cam gears to decrease the overlap. That's also why they came out with a 2nd stage cam, for boost applications
 

·
Hello my name is Distance
Joined
·
6,028 Posts
RyanD said:
well, normally, there's a higher lift in the cams, but in JWT's case, there's not. That's b/c the lower lift but longer durations (from stock) help out with a smoother idle, but still adds to more flow and thus, power. A normal performance cam will have a higher lift thus increasing the duration, but then you get a rough idle.

The billet cores could match a reground set of stocks, but the billets will last longer and be smoother in cycle. A regrind is not as strong as a billet core. But in this case yes, a set of stocks can be reground to these specs seeing as how the lift's are shorter.

However, there's a difference in overlap and degree of rotation. the JWT performance cams have more overlap than a stock set, so it won't be the same.

Just an FYI, boost applications don't like overlap hence the reason for cam gears to decrease the overlap. That's also why they came out with a 2nd stage cam, for boost applications
I shouldnt have asked :eek:ver my head: :lol:
 

·
isSs rolling a 2k3sentra
Joined
·
602 Posts
RyanD said:
anyone if you know the specs of them
oh, they're JWT cams, not stillen, stillen just remarkets them as theirs

Boycott stillen at all costs
LMAO that's what my friend told me recently...i was going to post a thread about that asking if that's true but guess i won't have to! hehehe

BTW is it better to order from JWT instead or stillen or just NEITHER? :p

I think we should just order from Alex... :D
 

·
Hello my name is Distance
Joined
·
6,028 Posts
Order from JWT when its JWT parts, Order their parts from the maker its so much cheaper, when it comes to stillen
 

·
isSs rolling a 2k3sentra
Joined
·
602 Posts
Bigunitsnake said:
Order from JWT when its JWT parts, Order their parts from the maker its so much cheaper, when it comes to stillen
alright thanks man...
 

·
Turbo Motorhead
Joined
·
3,466 Posts
cthunder said:
the stage 2 are soo lopey at idle... it feels like my car is gonna stall and my idle is at 1k rpm.
had mine down to 850...still a liitle lopey. Was yours set at 20 degrees TDC or a different setting? jus wondering...
 

·
hard on equipment
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread, but why is the lift on the JWT cams shorter than the lift on factory cams, or am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Godzildo said:
sorry to bump an old thread, but why is the lift on the JWT cams shorter than the lift on factory cams, or am I missing something?
The lift is shorter, but the duration is longer. Ergo, the valve stays open longer.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top