The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got all of my windows tinted on my 3.5SE. Now that the water has dried and the tint has semi-cured, I noticed a few bubbles in one of my rear quarter windows as well as a few bubbles in my rear window.

I have a lifetime guarantee on my window tinting. However, I'm worried about them removing the tint from the rear window and impairing my defroster lines. What do you think? I'm sure to most people, my tint looks OK, but being an anal person with a new car I would like to get it re-done.

Should I just have the rear quarter panel done? Or should I trust them in successfully removing and re-tinting my rear window as well?

Any horror or success stories would be greatly appreciated.

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
95 Posts
i guess i would go back to wherever you had the tinting done, and ask them if they were to inflict any kind of damage to the defrost lines, they'll be responsible for it? if not... i wouldn't trust them. if it's just a few very small bubbles, i think you could get by without getting it redone. most people can't even notice those small bubbles anyway.

·
35 ALTIMATIC
165 Posts
Get it redone ASAP, those little bubbles will turn into big bubbles
soon. The longer you wait the harder it will be to take off the tint.
Believe me I have done it myself and it is a pain in the ass taking
that crap off. Besides it's covered under warranty and anything
they might damage as a result should also be covered. Good
Luck!

NISMO 4 LIFE!
:D

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
2 ways to do this....

1) have them use the knife to remove. more risky but quicker... if they do that, read this http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3588 ... tells you how to repair the lines.

2) more time consuming but better, is sweating it off. You can do a google search on it. basically they put adhesive remover, or ammonia or windex on the tint, place a black trash bag cut to size on the inside to create a seal. the heat made causes the ammonia to get absorbed the tint and the glue. then after SEVERAL hours in the heat, you basically pull it off. if the tint is hard, respray, let it soak then try again. and leftover glue you can remove with googone or more windex, etc....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make them re-do it. It is not acceptable to have bubbles in you tint, and you are doing a disservice to any future customers letting the shop think this quality is acceptable. They have the tool/chemicals to do the work and that is what you paid for. I would, however, cover your butt by making them sign something that says the rear defroster is working and they are responsible for returning it to you in the same condition. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Is it just little bubbles right along your defroster lines? Run your finger along them. It will press them against the glass. My tint guy said to run my finger along any bubbles on the defroster lines about a day after I had it tinted.

But, if you have lifetime warranty, get it re-done. They don't care. They get paid again by the tint provider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.