The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Behold the Power of HID!!
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a real HID system into their first gen. I think someone has, I forget who though. I wanted to know given that the first gen. headlamp lenses arent crystal clear, would they even look good at all?? Everyone's opinions are welcome!

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Erebuni front and sides and Kaminari Rear.

I think HID Altima has a second gen...which has clearer headlamp lenses.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have HIDS on my 2001 Altima.

As for the 1G, it'll be like having HIDs on 95-96 Maxima which I've done.

I'm from Maxima.org and ask anyone about yo_its_ok and Maxximum Performance, mention HIDs, they'll tell you I know my shit. HIDs on a 1G would look nice, excellent blue color, and output not even close to a Halogen bulb.
You will lose highbeams, but after driving around with the HIDs, you'll forget about them.

-Peace

·
Bboy Style
1,593 Posts
I was thinking that HID's on an Alty would look nasty too becuz of our frosted headlight lenses. But then, I noticed that some late model Benz's don't have the crystal clear lenses also. HID's look great on them...maybe ours too!

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good so far...Im thinkin of upgrading to the HID cause the prices are startin to come down...I seen the Philips kit around $450-500 now! Although the ultimate would be the A4 headlamp conversion with the HID....but that will be a WHOLE lot more then $500! I'm considering whether waitin and savin up for that conversion or to just upgrade to HID sooner.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What u mean by he's done alot over at the maximas.org board?? You mean jus general knowledge, or installs or purchasing info??

·
Registered
48 Posts
MeeTsenPu said:
What u mean by he's done alot over at the maximas.org board?? You mean jus general knowledge, or installs or purchasing info??
Own a sickly modified Maxima, just got a 2001 Altima, couldn't wait for the 2002 Delivery. Had a S/C'd 92 Pathfinder, and a mid 15 sec 99.5 Pathfinder SE w/ Nitrous, now a stock 2002 Pathfinder.

I have HIDs on every car in the garage. I've done several GD on Maxima.org, I've installed in the dark w/ very little light when 20 Maxima.org members came to a meet as I installed HIDs on a 97 Maxima. I still haven't developed pics yet, but the color is beautiful, it has to be seen in person to be appreciated.
A picture doesn't do it justice, if anyone w/ a 1G is interested in how an HID would look on their car, email me, and we'll arrange a meet to get some shots done, 2Gs are always welcome as well.

-Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts