The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
really need help, w/ 05 2.5s mod, best intake and headers to buy?????

hey everybody i just bought a 2005 2.5s alti, and i wanted to put in an intake and headers, and I have been searching for 2 months on what the best ones are but I still haven't gotten a good combination.... so if anyone's out that can help ME i would really appreciate it...... thanks alot guys ..... this place is the shit...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have hotshot and Its the best for the buck. All the headers dyno around the same. I have the AEM cold air intake it has a problem at very low rpms but does great mid to upper. I would not go wai, if you live where you get cold air take advantage of it,but definitley us a bypass valve to be safe. Southwestautoworks or Hpautoworks usually have the best prices.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey what does "wat" stand for, and also I thought that the longer cold air intakes were better than the short ram ones, referring to why berk v2 would be best to buy.... Hey I wanted to thank everyone for all the recent feedback.....this site has really helped me out.....please continue to list ne good mods i can do for the 2.5s 05' atli.

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
No it does not work the same. The berk pulls warm air out of the engine bay and the Injen pulls colder air from outside of the engine bay. How is this working the same. If they were the same then they would both be called the same thing.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
dnvrfan said:
No it does not work the same. The berk pulls warm air out of the engine bay and the Injen pulls colder air from outside of the engine bay. How is this working the same. If they were the same then they would both be called the same thing.
I know the difference between Cold Air Intake and Warm Air Intake. I am trying to say they work the same with either Warm Air Intake's or Cold Air Intake's.

Just like Injen and AEM CAI are almost similar in performance and only differ in looks. Same goes with Berk WAI and AEM WAI for instance...............is this true or not ????

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
I am not going to argue with you. The point is a WAI and a CAI do not work the same and that is what you said. Matter of fact I am more confused by your last post than when you posted the first comment. Maybe I am the one that does not understand. I will leave it at that.

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
haha looks like it got a little rough in this forum. If you live in an area that has a lot of rain and snow then i suggest going with WAI but if you are in sun land then go with CAI. I use to have CAI but where i am at it's rough weather and even with the bypass valve the car messes up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts