The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just finished changing the rear brakes on my 93 altima, and I have two problems. The first is the brakes are not working correctly, new cylinder put in on the rear drivers side, all four wheels bled using the 'rubber hose in the jar of brake fluid' method, until no air seen escaping from the hose. What's up? Master cylinder fluid is not the problem.

The second problem is the emergency brake is not working. The thing pulls right up like it's not connected to anything at all. Tried tightening the bolt under the handle, this make lever tense at the top, and then loosens at the bottom??

Are these two things related of just seperate problems? Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did readjust the adjuster out and things feel better but still not like before. E brake work great now, pedal feels like about 60-70% of normal. Ok here's my novice question, why do the brakes feel great with the car off, and spongy when the car is running?

While playing with the little wheel on the adjuster, I was having a hard time judging what was the proper amount of drag on the drum as I turned it. I did hear what sounded like friction/contact, but couldn't be sure if: I had not enough, or too much dialed out on the adjuster.
Am I correct in my technique, dial the adjuster, replace the drum, turn it while judging the drag & listening for friction?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts