The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I need to change the pads on the rear. I was just wondering about the rotor and how easy it is to pull off. I've never had a rotor w/ a drum in the hub. Also is the caliber a screw type that needs spinned back in or will a C clamp suffice?

Thanks!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
The biggest issue you will have is unseizing the inner face of the rotor from the hub. Suggest you apply pressure using your scissor jack to the back face of the rotor (use wood block if reusing rotor). Brace the back end of the jack foot against a suitably meaty piece of body steel. When rotor is under a decent amount of pressure (enough to deflect it just slightly) whack the face of the rotor, just around the studs with 2-5lb metal hammer. If it doesn't pop off the first time...add another turn or so of the jack, and whack again. Works for me every time.

As for the caliper, remove bolts and wire it out of the way...hanging off your your shock assembly. C clamp will work fine to recess the pistons. There is a separate screw adjuster for the handbrake shoes...if you don't change them out, or the rotor, they should all just go back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts