The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i have noticed my rear back flickering and something showing a black scree. How can i narrow down the issue.

Also can i just replace the camera with an aftermarket one? I know the OEM camera has 4 wires and run on 6.5V? Thanks.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
You can replace with most aftermarket cameras. Steal the 12V you'll need for it from the reverse light harness, and just feed the video (pretty standard voltage level...ie 0.8 vs 1.0V) back down the old camera harness (and ignore the 6V coming from the HU).

See my BOSE upgrade thread (post 54 on p.4) for some ideas. I actually added one where there wasn't before, but the wiring concept is the same.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Recently i have noticed my rear back flickering and something showing a black scree. How can i narrow down the issue.

Also can i just replace the camera with an aftermarket one? I know the OEM camera has 4 wires and run on 6.5V? Thanks.
I had this issue one morning and it reliably did it several times when I would hit the brakes. After a few minutes of Rev->N->R->N over and over it just stopped and worked fine. That was last month, it happens for less than a second from time to time but not enough to find the issue or even care. I'm going to watch this thread though to see if anyone knows where the issue is. I have BNC/12v Siamese cable connected cameras all over my property that have issues like this sometimes and just need unplugged and plugged back in, or the cable jiggled or they will look like the old tv's when you had to mess with the UHC/VHF adjustment knobs. They just get nutty sometimes. Anyone else suddenly feel old:)

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
LOL...BNCs..I've got 100m of RG6 I just don't know what to do with anymore...

Sounds like your reverse switch may be having issues, if fiddling the gear selector fixed your issue. The HU get's a 'copy' of the reverse signal that it uses to 'autoswitch' the display from internal to rev cam (this is also the signal to hack if you want to feed your signal, or look out the back while driving, or a front cam....)

Your reverse bulbs will work well enough on 10V with arcing, but your camera/HU will hate it. Could also be issue with bulb/bulb socket/wiring to bulb...anything that can cause intermittent faults on the reverse line.

·
bessington
73 Posts
I've noticed this issue as well but it hasn't happened enough yet to bug me out. Mine seems to flicker a little bit at night and it's about 1/4 of the screen at the top.

·
Registered
308 Posts

@darklimits I'm have the same issues with my camera. I was wondering if you ever had it repaired and what the issue was? Thanks!

·
1,340 Posts
I had the issue for a while, even got an error a few times, but before I'd take it in, it always stopped. It's been more then a year since it's happened now, just stopped on its own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts