The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im repalcing the factory radio (non Bose on a 2002 2.5s) with an Alpine CDA- 7893 head unit. Heres my question......this is a powerful head unit, putting out 60w to all 4 channels. Right now I dont want to change the rear speakers. What kind of rear speakers does the Altima have, and will it sound terrible with the new Alpine? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.....Vince

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
clarion

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
i changed out my deck and the sound is alot better then when it was hooked up with the factory deck, but i dun think the factory speaker could handle it so i changed out the rear speaker as well...actually did that last night and it sounds way better then the factory speaker and alot clearer.....ah changing out the rear speaker is a bitch to do too......i have instructions on how to change that out if u decide to change out ur rear speakers as well..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info....much appreciated. Im going to change out the rear speakers as well with some JBL 6 by 9's. I would love the instructions on how you did it if you wouldnt mind. Thanks again....Vin

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
ey bro i email u the sheets on how to take apart ur stuff.....hope it helps....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for the instructions on how to change out the rear speakers. I just ordered an Alpine CDA-7893 and a pair of JBL 6 by 9's from Etronics and I got the rest of the installation stuff (Dash kit, amp wiring harness and instructions) from Crutchfield. I really hope doing the installation is something I can do myself, but Im definitely gonn agive it a shot. I can always bring it in and have it done if I screw it up! Thanks again!

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
I personally wouldn't consider it hard. Remove seat, remove rear pillar covers, remove rear deck cover, remove speakers.

Just in case no one has mentioned it to you... most speakers are deeper than stock so the torsion springs for the trunk will hit the magnets. If that happens, buy some spacers.

Demmy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts