The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '93 Altima and I got some Polk Audio EX3 series 6.5s for the rear deck. For those of you who don't know, the EX3 series has a rotating tweeter. Well the speakers almost sit flush with the rear deck and the headrests of the back seat seem to be right in the path of the tweeter and therefore block out the highs. When I fade the speakers to the rear it feels as if I am not getting any highs from those speakers.

I was wondering if I pointed the tweeters at the rear window as opposed to the front window, if that would "bounce" the highs off the window and would therefore make me able to hear highs from those speakers.

Just wondering......

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
413 Posts
I'm just curious as to why he's want to fade to the rear speakers? If I uses the fade at all, it's to fade up to the front, so that I get less out of the rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fading speakers

I don't want to fade the speakers, I am just saying that when I do fade the speakers back there, I can hear specifically what the speakers are doing.

·
Alty Go Boom
73 Posts
Bouncing the sound off the window. is not good either so just go with the lesser of the two evils =) point the tweets where you think they sound good. I say car audio is all about driver preference, it’s your car you listen to it the most.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
True. I decided to stay quiet :) But yes, if any thing you can add something back there for a little rear fill but for staging purposes you want everything coming from the front. SQ or testing how well your front stage stages is how lifelike the sound is. Liken it to a concert in an auditorium; you don't hear anything coming from behind you, everything is in front of you. Even further, serious competitors go with a center channel in their car for added realism because in that same auditorium setting, the sound should be coming directly at you in the middle, not from the left or right side, per say. Good call, TL.

TL said:
Most serious SQ competitors eliminate the rear speakers all together.. Pulls the soundstage backwards..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TL said:
Most serious SQ competitors eliminate the rear speakers all together.. Pulls the soundstage backwards..
Yup. When I finally hunker down and get serious enough about competing, the first things to go are going to be the back seat assembly and the rear deck. Dont know if Im gonna cut it all out or not....probably.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
1,927 Posts
TL said:
so is it better to just leave them in just hooked up to the hu

and other speakers are hooked up to an amp

or should i just take out the back speakers all together

dosent that make it alot quiter

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
that's the way all of our systems have been, back drivers to the head unit just for some small fill. might even put some caps on them to keep them low. then front stage pushed by an amp most definately. if you don't plan on competing than it really doens't matter too too much. If you just want as much sound as possible, just hook a 4channel up to all ur mids. but if you were wanting to compete, definately be aware of what you have in the rear.

m3dia_lab said:

so is it better to just leave them in just hooked up to the hu

and other speakers are hooked up to an amp

or should i just take out the back speakers all together

dosent that make it alot quiter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.