The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
autocross king
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i know that they don't make one. thats why i made my own. my friend totalled his altima on friday so i got a lot of his parts. his strut bar is the one i wanted the most though. i've been looking forever for one and i figured they didn't make one. so i made one from his old front one. my car handles so much better. it feels like there is no body roll. i'll post pics when i get the filmed developed. it's really easy to do but you can't have your back seat in. that's fine with me though cuz i autocross my car. ok im rambling. just sharing.

jack

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
OBX makes one for $87. And Nismoman was supposedly making ones for both 1st and 2nd gens but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth lately.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
any improvement?
Jae

·
autocross king
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it's great. my car has absolutley no body roll at all. i thought the steering responce improved with the sway bar and front strut bar, but with all three it's incredible. i can corner so much harder now. i just hope my gc's and tokico's are here by the 8th for my autocross meet. then i'll see how well my car really handles.

jack

·
1,592 Posts
number4 said:
yeah i know that they don't make one. thats why i made my own. my friend totalled his altima on friday so i got a lot of his parts. his strut bar is the one i wanted the most though. i've been looking forever for one and i figured they didn't make one. so i made one from his old front one. my car handles so much better. it feels like there is no body roll. i'll post pics when i get the filmed developed. it's really easy to do but you can't have your back seat in. that's fine with me though cuz i autocross my car. ok im rambling. just sharing.

jack
i was going to make one , but never got around to it. i would like to see some pics of yours though.

·
autocross king
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used a front strut bar from my friends car. i don't have the back seats in because i just got tired of taking them out everytime i went to an autocross. it won't work if you have the back seats in and it has to be the flat type of strut bar and not the round because it has to be turned up so that the flat part is going up and down. i don't know how his fit on his car because the front strut bolts have a different measurement than the rear, but it works so i don't know. i just sent the pictures off today so i should have some soon.

jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts