The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I bought the progress rear sway bar for my 05 and I cant get it to fit. I swear I took out my factory, left it angled correctly, matched it up and put the new one in. But the angle of the bar where the endlink slides in was too extreme, making me think its backwards.

I moved around my factory bar so much trying to figure it out I now have no idea what orientation is correct.

Does anyone have any pictures? Ive been searching for an hour and have not found anything. My car is apart as I type this, so I am hoping to resolve this before dark lol. I read that it will fit both ways, but the way I did it the endlink couldn't even go in at all.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I think I got it figured out. I looked at the color picture instructions off progresses website and notced that the end of the bar has a raised side and a flush side. I matched up the angle of the picture to what I was seeing under the car and got it to match. Put it in and now the endlinks line up fine. Man what a pain in the ass. When I have my own house, the first thing I am buying is a car lift for the garage.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
LOL. I did the same thing when I installed my RL Rear Sway Bar. Put it in upside down and had to jack the car back up and remove/reinstall it the right way.

:banghead:

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL. I did the same thing when I installed my RL Rear Sway Bar. Put it in upside down and had to jack the car back up and remove/reinstall it the right way.

:banghead:

I feel your pain.
Did you by chance also install RL rear endlinks? Taz's instructions arent very clear for how tight I should make the nuts. I just went until I had some clearance for the second nut. The bushings are being squeezed a bit.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Did you by chance also install RL rear endlinks? Taz's instructions arent very clear for how tight I should make the nuts. I just went until I had some clearance for the second nut. The bushings are being squeezed a bit.
I don't have them, but am seriously considering them at the moment. I purchased a set of Moog OEM-style endlinks, and the rears have been on for a little over 2 years and are already failing. I'm betting it's due to the pre-load on the sway bar because of my ride height.

I have the traction rods, though, and I tightened the bushings down as much as I could and then snugged up the 2nd nut so the six faces were flush.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I purchased a set of Moog OEM-style endlinks, and the rears have been on for a little over 2 years and are already failing. I'm betting it's due to the pre-load on the sway bar because of my ride height.
Same approach I took with my RL RSB..brand new MOOG endlinks...and if I get 2 years out of them I'll be a happy man...endlinks are still cheaper than anything else on this car...pads, rotors, oil changes, tires... Gotta pay to play!

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Same approach I took with my RL RSB..brand new MOOG endlinks...and if I get 2 years out of them I'll be a happy man...endlinks are still cheaper than anything else on this car...pads, rotors, oil changes, tires... Gotta pay to play!
Fair point, but they're a pain to remove. Not necessarily the re-installation...

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts