The Nissan Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Actually '09 was the last year...I should know, I have one :) Welcome and enjoy the Stillen when it arrives...install notes are at the top of this thread.

·
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've got the Stillen bar on order for my '07 Altima 3.5 SE 6-speed (the last year for the V6 / manual trans combo). I snapped the OEM bar at around 200K, and it broke right where other blogs said it would - right at the mounting bushing. I just removed (and kept) the offending pieces, and noticed that there was a crack at the same point on the other side. It definitely was bending, not twisting as it should. Now at 280K I'm replacing some worn out parts for the first time (it hadn't cost me anything previously, just oil, gas, rubber). After deciding to keep the car as a 2nd driver, it's getting new springs, shocks, front control arms (the car is otherwise still mint - no rust yet).

Looking at the picture of the end links, the Stillen ones are likely stronger (even though thinner) as they look to be welded steel, whereas the Moog one looks like cast iron or pot metal. I'd stick with the Stillen end links.
Oh, and I expect you saw this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the discount applied. Thanks for that!

Sorry, I apoligize, but I should have added one more qualifier to that statement... 4-door sedan. The lead tech at my Nissan dealership told me '07 was the last year for the VQ35 / 6-spd combo in the 4-dr sedan when he offered to buy mine (he still drives an earlier Altima with the full-boat NISMO treatment). I forgot about the coupes (which I assume you have...), as I believe the coupes were available with the V6 /6-spd for the duration of their existence until the 2013 body style change. FYI, I just searched online at both autotrader and edmunds in the US, and autotrader in Canada, for 2007 and newer V6 / 6-speed sedans available nationwide. I found only 3, and they're all 07's. I guess they're pretty rare.

·
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No, I definitely have four doors....coupes survived until 2013 with the 6MT, sedans until 2009 when the 4.5Gen front update was done (Teana front end). The sedans are super uber rare...for sure.

Glad you got discount applied...some good beer money right there!

·
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here she is

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got the discount applied. Thanks for that!

Sorry, I apoligize, but I should have added one more qualifier to that statement... 4-door sedan. The lead tech at my Nissan dealership told me '07 was the last year for the VQ35 / 6-spd combo in the 4-dr sedan when he offered to buy mine (he still drives an earlier Altima with the full-boat NISMO treatment).
I would have some concern when a Nissan lead tech doesn't know this.

2007 SE 6MT Sedan was the FIRST year of the 4th gen manuals. Mine's an '08 SE 6MT Sedan.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts