Nissan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of those aftermarket rear view mirrors with the compass built in? If so, where did you find one and where did get power from for the compass?

Many thanks.

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
I've never seen the interior of a first gen, but I know in the second gen there's a panel with map lights (where the sunroof controls go if you have one) and i'm pretty sure you can run the power from there. also, if you're lazy, Nissan sells and installs factory mirrors with the compass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Godzildo. You are right the dealer will do it and what I found was this: From any other parts dealer (mail order) the compass/mirror starts at $225-250. Then you have to install it yourself. The dealer on the other hand has the compass/mirror for $189 and the compass/temp/mirror for $209! So the part is already less expensive through the dealer. Then my local dealer quoted about $100 for the install if they have to run a harness. For $289, ya might as well have the dealer do it!!

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
i was thinking of this? is it worth it? I might just get GPS on my CD player head unit instead.........?:confused:

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Well, GPS is a bit of a step from a compass. My grandma's cadillac has a mirror with all that OnStar crap, and it has a compass/temp guage. It's pretty tight, you can see what direction you're headed.....that and I just like all the gadgets I can get. But if you want something with detailed directions and junk, go with a GPS unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Godzildo
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing