The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help getting my Rear View Mirror back on the glass. The shitty glue stuff they sell at AutoZone don't work. Any suggestions?

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
CypherTheDammed said:
I need some help getting my Rear View Mirror back on the glass. The shitty glue stuff they sell at AutoZone don't work. Any suggestions?
I never had any trouble with those mirror kits - did you try cleaning the glass with alcohol?

·
Space Boy
1,144 Posts
Make sure you scrape all the old glue with a razor blade. Then wipe area with alochol. And don't be afraid to hold it a couple extra minutes.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
IllAvBIll said:
??? mine is attatched to the ceiling of the car :confused:
Wow - you musta REALLY slipped with the glue!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyway, my first gen has it on the glass. What year is yours?

·
de-moderator
1,476 Posts
93gxe... weird. Its handy... never comes off. Well.. once it did but, all i had to do was take a cover off and screw it back up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah, folowed all the fraggin directions and shit, the frist time scraped off all the old glue, cleaned good with alcohol and did as the directions told, apply the catalist to the glass and allow to sit for 2 miniutes, then put on drop of adhesive to back of mount and hold for 1 miniute, set for 15 miniutes, didn't work. Second time I slobbered the adhesive all over the back of the mount, still didn't work.....

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
IllAvBIll said:
93gxe... weird. Its handy... never comes off. Well.. once it did but, all i had to do was take a cover off and screw it back up.
Mine's a 97.5 GXE. Wonder why they changed that...

I think all cars should have them in a little overhead console on the headliner, not on the glass. That way they could design the visors so there wasn't the &%$#ING gap aroud the mirror where the sun can come thru!

·
Registered
12 Posts
kierandill said:
I think all cars should have them in a little overhead console on the headliner, not on the glass. That way they could design the visors so there wasn't the &%$#ING gap aroud the mirror where the sun can come thru!
I COMPLETELY AGREE!

·
*Horny Member*
403 Posts
Here's what you do:

(mine fell off when I was rear-ended)

1) Get the little metal slab from the rearview. It should just slide out.

2) Clean the metal slab, and clean the glass, but mark where the slab will go on the outside of the windshield.

3) Get a rear-view mirror repair kit (they are sold pretty much everywhere).

4) Apply glue to the metal slab and place it in the correct place on the windshield. *NOTE* DO NOT HAVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ATTACHED AT THIS POINT!!!!

5) Wait a couple of hours at least, and overnight if the car is in the sun.

6) Slide the rearview mirror back on the metal slab.

You're done

The key is to have clean surfaces and enough drying time.

·
I wish I still had a Alty
107 Posts
IllAvBIll said:
??? mine is attatched to the ceiling of the car :confused:
Mine too! I was just thinking the other day how Altimas have the best rearview mirror cuz it never comes off and is locked in place. I wonder why they changed it?

·
Cube Farmer
1,671 Posts
Yep, mine is on the ceiling... it sucks for hanging parking passes (one for the university and one for work) but its better than being on the window... its a 94

1 - 13 of 13 Posts