The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a picture of their car that has the rear window tinted with the 3rd brake light, and no spoiler? did you have the tint cut out around the brake light?

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Rear window tint question

jkwright said:

No, the tint shop pulled the light and tinted the entire window. Standard procedure.
can you still see the 3rd brake light good?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Tint

Hello,

I was quite surprised to see that my car was used as an example in this thread. But pleased none the less.

DONT GET ME STARTED talking about window tint! OMG I had an experience with this.

The nissan dealership was great never gave me a hard time... but the 1st out sourced tint shop sucked ass.

I mean I had it done 3 times and on the 4th atempt at a different more expensive tint shop they did it good although it is still going back for one of the windows to be done over when I the car hits 6000 km because I was so fed up that I wanted my car right away and said they could do the 5th tinting later!

It brings back horibble memories and 7 days in the tint shops total. plus more to come.

I cant believe they did such a horrible job.

Here is an image that doesnt show THE BUBLES and DUST under the tint the first three times it just shows the GAPPING un even gap in the back window LOL dumb asses like I wouldnt notice that.

Oh ya to stick to the topic and to give em credit they did not go around the rear brake [email protected]!!!!!

·
Gone Postal!!!
280 Posts
just did it once, never came back from da tint shop. 1 layer also!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Proendo:
does your rear defroster still work after all that?
I bet they messed it up.
Go back to the dealership and make them put it in writing that they will replace the rear window and defroster since they had it screwed up with all that tint removal...
G

·
Registered
929 Posts
Screw those idiots

G.Andrews said:
Hey Proendo:
does your rear defroster still work after all that?
I bet they messed it up.
Go back to the dealership and make them put it in writing that they will replace the rear window and defroster since they had it screwed up with all that tint removal...
G
K been into some alcohol so dont mind me...

I have no Idea if the damn rear defroster works. F**KIN TINTERS

hate these ones that did mine

course I read a post about one tint shop that was recommended on ALTIMAS.NET that does tint really good. Said the guy can do the back window in one section!!! TELL THESE JACK A**s THAT S**T!

GAWD you had to get me started on my tint! fuk even asked the dealer ship if they could just order windows with tint in them! LOL "I am sorry sir thats only on the MAXIMA altimas dont have that..." I would have paid 1000 - 3000 to have the windows replaced... at least then I could use WINDEX!!!

Sorry first time ever having a new car and first time ever with tint

I love my car but... I hate them tinters!

Proendo

·
BaZoO!!!
409 Posts
they didnt have to cut around the 3rd brake light.. they jus took out the brake light and tinted it...and afterwards jus put it back on.. and for the window flap..my back windows dont come back up..and only some of it is stuck in my front window.. but its hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
proendo,
I'm going through the same thing they did to you right now,
These idiots used the outside driver side front and rear windows as a cutting board. I have three 4-6" long scratches in the glass.
I need to go somewhere else and have them re-tint the windows

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
no when they did mine they did the rear in 2 peices..one for the bottom an about a 1.5inch layer for the top i watch them the whole time they put the tint on..took 2hours but was well worth the wait.

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
Also if u get it done dont roll down ur windows for at least 1-3days an dont slam ur doors either or ull mess it up. I got the fade so the tint is thick. Get it done on a nice hot day if u can that way u wont have to wait the whole amount of time for it to dry

·
SITH LORD in training
435 Posts
does anyone remember the MIRROR TINT? LOOKS just like a mirror when it's on your windows. been looking for a while everyone at the tint shops say they never heard of it,darn kids!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts