The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all altima fanatics!!! Im newly registered to the club but have read countless forums... Im a proud owner of a 2001 Altima SE 5 speed shes got 188k and is definitely ready for more than just a tune up... Heres a list of what ive found... Intake gasket shot, motor mounts, manifold appears to be cracked if not broken at cat connection, always idles high for about a minute or 2 on startup and when i enter neutral for about 5-8 seconds, ps reservoir leaks, valve cover gasket and spark tube seals, i think the water pump is gettin ready to crap out, 5th gear synchro shot, im sure theres more i havent found yet... Im just curious should i keep this motor or invest in a new (used of course) motor for me to begin my build... Im not trying to be the worlds fastest 2nd gen by any means but id like to get close to or break 300 whp... Any ideas from you all would be appreciated... ive seen a few of you have some awesome builds and also wondered what im looking at spending to obtain the power i want??

·
... don't get caught
491 Posts
. Im not trying to be the worlds fastest 2nd gen by any means but id like to get close to or break 300 whp... Any ideas from you all would be appreciated... ive seen a few of you have some awesome builds and also wondered what im looking at spending to obtain the power i want??
God Dog, be sure to keep us posted up as you go along this path.
I do power and speed on motorcycle, but my Altima is a utility car,
so really like to see how you progress. LUCK!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts