The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I followed the link, saw the recalls but saw nothing about the replacement of the engine. My engine was replaced by the dealer prior to me getting the car(just purchased 10/06). Does anyone know what the deal was? What was the reason? I asked the dealer but they said they didn't know, which I highly doubt...the dealer I went to seems to know very little about their own product.
I do know that the new warranty (applies to engine portion of drivetrain only) is now 84 months or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
alternator wiring harness fire

my son bought a 06 sentra se-r in 10/06 it only has 20 miles on it. 11 days later it caught on fire. nissan doesnt want to replace it and the dealership on taped the wires with black tape over the naked wires..
:angry4: :angry4: :angry4: anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh yah its the qr25 ecm reprogram recall its for altimas and sentras (b15 and l31)
another one is the ecm foam has to be removed, another one is the crank shaft and camshaft positioning sensor ....
make sure they are all done before warranty ends!!!!!

ive had a few no starts rolled into the shop, it ended up being one of the 3 not done :weightlift:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey snickers, it sounds like you got one of those over bored motors. I think that it effected quite a few of them. Most of them could not be sold as new cars (with replacement motors in them), so Nissan had to buy them back from the stealerships. From what I understand, they had way over-bored cylinders from the factory that made the motors burn oil like a mofo. I've been saying this for quite some time now: these newer Nissans are the biggest pieces of crap on the market right now (even worse than Fords!).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I apologize for posting in a stickied topic, but I'm having a little trouble navigating the forum. I've been searching for answers to my low gas mileage in my 2002 Sentra Se-R (17mpg sounds like what I'm getting), and I saw this topic as well as the first message. Can anyone point me in the right direction to try to figure out what the problem is?

·
catless and proud
174 Posts
what years?

so they r recalling motors out of sentras? what r the years and models does my 2002 sentra SE-R Spec V qualify???

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey whats up i had a problem where my car wouldnt start they blamed it on the alarm the body kit the neons they also riged it and charged me 500 dollors to do just pin testing that didnt come up with any problems they wanted to charge me for a main motor harness or something they ended up just runing a wire from the mane motor harness to the starter to get it to start and left the burnt 1 in there

·
Sentra001
17 Posts
There is an important recall for the SER Sentras from the years 2001-2005 and maybe 06's as well. It also effects why the engines blow only after 50,000-80,000 Kms. The recall is for the exhuast manifold. It has a built in catalytic converter (California style) inside. The contents get hot and explode into pieces, sending some of them into the engine. Just to let everyone know!!

·
!!!! SENTRA SPORTER !!!!
126 Posts
O M G < WHAT ??? I have an 05 Sentra SE R and no $*(% i am 100 miles from the end of my warranty covg , and have just recently felt it necessary to take my car in to them for a good over all inspection ... I am gonna bring this manifold Cat converter thing up , AS i was incredibly upsett when i found it and learned it was gonna cost me alot more time til i can get a performance exhaust finished and installed..
By doing an online search , IT just states a fuel hose on 4400 2005 sentra vehicles being recalled . Nothing on the cali style cat mentiond above . Can anyone show me a link i must of been overlooking ??

Thanx , Erix

·
Registered
25 Posts
O M G < WHAT ??? I have an 05 Sentra SE R and no $*(% i am 100 miles from the end of my warranty covg , and have just recently felt it necessary to take my car in to them for a good over all inspection ... I am gonna bring this manifold Cat converter thing up , AS i was incredibly upsett when i found it and learned it was gonna cost me alot more time til i can get a performance exhaust finished and installed..
By doing an online search , IT just states a fuel hose on 4400 2005 sentra vehicles being recalled . Nothing on the cali style cat mentiond above . Can anyone show me a link i must of been overlooking ??

Thanx , Erix
This effects all QR motors (2.5L) 2002 & up. They all have a pre-catalytic converter which is incorporated into the exhaust manifold and is a real POS. Hopefully your motor is burning oil and Nissan will replace it for you. If not, get that precat off of there and put a header on ASAP! It's not a matter of if, but when your precat is going to break apart inside. There is a so called recall which is supposed to fix this issue (of the precat material breaking up), but it doesn't do a damn thing (whatever you do, DO NOT listen to Nissan). The reason why this precat crap enters back into the combustion chambers is because our motors essentially do not have the conventional EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system, so the motor is designed to suck back a little of the exhaust at lower RPMs to recycle the unburned gas. It really messes up your motor man. Have you had your engine light come on at all with code 0420 (that is sure way to determine if it is too late, but not always)? Also, since you haven't heard about the precat sandblasting issue, check to see if the screws for your secondary butterflies have been re-locktited (I'm pretty sure that 2005s have the same problem, but you may want to check into it). Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replaced Engine

So just to let you guys know that this really does happen. It happened to me.

I have a 2002 Sentra non spec V SE-R

I started having problems in 04 at 40,000. I first had my cat converter replaced... then they said it was the ECU.. so I had that replaced... then it was my radiator. Eventually.. when I was at around 55000 they couldn't figure out what it was so they replaced the engine and its been running better ever since.

Waste of time. Thank god everything was covered by warranty. POS nissan will never buy another one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So just to let you guys know that this really does happen. It happened to me.

I have a 2002 Sentra non spec V SE-R

I started having problems in 04 at 40,000. I first had my cat converter replaced... then they said it was the ECU.. so I had that replaced... then it was my radiator. Eventually.. when I was at around 55000 they couldn't figure out what it was so they replaced the engine and its been running better ever since.

Waste of time. Thank god everything was covered by warranty. POS nissan will never buy another one.
I just hope that you still don't have that factory exhaust manifold on it because it is probably eating at your motor right now as we speak! Don't think that because they replaced it that it is a good one. They all go bad after a very short time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello

I read through the thread and looked at the link at the beginning, Is Nissan recalling the engine in the 03 Sentra's

I have a an 03 Sentra SER so far with about 60,000 miles so far no problems knock on wood.

I have noticed i do get verey poor gas milage About 200 miles to 220 miles per tank and thats filling up to about 11 gallons.

Should I be taking the car back to nissan ?
The gas milage is hugely different in the 08 Altima obviously the altima has a larger tank, but still

200 to 220 miles off 11 gallons is not good.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts