The Nissan Club banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
New Recall for the Sentra?

Did anyone else get a call from their Nissan dealer about a recall that Nissan is planning on announcing some time this week for the Sentra? They called us and left us an automated message mentioning Nissan would be announcing a recall and that our Sentra could be affected. We have a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I was just checking to see if anyone else has experienced this?

The dealership told me to call them back some time next week to get an update. I'll be checking the Nissan recall update page as well and I guess we'll see what happens >_> The dealership didn't mention what type of recall it would be either.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
crank position sensor, I believe. 2.5L engines only.

I haven't gotten any kind of notification other than what I've read on here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All this recall talk and stories about how the motors are dieing everytime it runs, lead me to this conclusion...GET RID OF THE PIECE OF SHIT! I have had a bad 2 years with this 05 Spec V. I bought it new and am so glad it is gone now. The fuel pump went out this week. After trans, clutch, brakes, windows, stalling problems I had enough! Bye Bye you lowsy Mexican built rattle trap! :woot:

Screw Nissan also. They denied anything was ever wrong with this car. Lying sacks of crap!:soapbox:

·
Registered
41 Posts
FYI all,

ANOTHER ECM firmware update is available to all 2.5L 2002-2006. I just called my buddy at the dealership and he stated that another upgrade is available and was published about a month ago (2/2008). You should receive a post card in the mail (at least I did) and if you didn't who cares, call your local dealer and see if your car apply's to the recall. If it does, get the ECM upgrade done, it's free and doesn't hurt to at least TRY and see if it fixes any issues that you may be having...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a loss of mpg too; 2006 sentra ser spec v 2.5l 6 speed manual; 18 mph city; a regional factory tech from N. America Nissan drove it and he used the tripodometer; he says he took it from the dealership onto the highway, drove it at speeds from 50 to 70 mph; and got 23.8 mpg (he is being a little evasive if this is strictly hwy or a combination o some city and some hwy but still 23.8 mph is very low even if it includes the portion of the trip that is from the dealership to the hwy (ie city miles).He offered no clues how to improve mileage, just said "youre mileage may differ". And seemed to being bragging that he beat my 18 mph record! But my 18mpg was city, around town here with lots of stop lights. My 18 mph did not include freeway, but on an open stretch of blvd. you may get it up in speed before you hit a light is all.

Any suggestions about mpg thus car is under warranty with 21,500 miles bought 4/2006.

·
Dueces
2 Posts
Blown up engine due to cat on 02 SPEC V SENTRA

I bought my 02 nissan 2.5L. se r spec v in jan of 07. And three months later in March my check engine light came on and smoke was coming out of the exhaust. Well I take it in to the dealership. They told me that my catylitic converter went out and fried my engine. Now my factory warranty doesnt cover the cat on the car. So they were ganna charge me over a grand to have it fixed. However I did my research and found that there are EPA FEDERAL GUIDLINES. it basically states that if the cat goes bad by federal law they have to replace it no charge. Now mind you there are certain guidlines your car has to meet. The website will explain that www.epa.com. Anyways i took that down to the dealership and they replaced the cat and the entire engine no charge. So definatly look into it if your car is giving you issues. Since then the only other issue I have had is having the computer reprogramed due to the recal stating that the car will shut off. Mine is doing that only at idle. Really and truly i havent had any issues other than those 2. ive driven that car hard and she has held up beautifully since the replacement. :shift:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This effects all QR motors (2.5L) 2002 & up. They all have a pre-catalytic converter which is incorporated into the exhaust manifold and is a real POS. Hopefully your motor is burning oil and Nissan will replace it for you. If not, get that precat off of there and put a header on ASAP! It's not a matter of if, but when your precat is going to break apart inside. There is a so called recall which is supposed to fix this issue (of the precat material breaking up), but it doesn't do a damn thing (whatever you do, DO NOT listen to Nissan). The reason why this precat crap enters back into the combustion chambers is because our motors essentially do not have the conventional EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system, so the motor is designed to suck back a little of the exhaust at lower RPMs to recycle the unburned gas. It really messes up your motor man. Have you had your engine light come on at all with code 0420 (that is sure way to determine if it is too late, but not always)? Also, since you haven't heard about the precat sandblasting issue, check to see if the screws for your secondary butterflies have been re-locktited (I'm pretty sure that 2005s have the same problem, but you may want to check into it). Good luck!
i just got my 02 spec v and im not sure whats been done to it but i replace my headers but where do i locate these screws on the secondary butterflies and how can i tell if they been locktited

·
All in fun
6 Posts
Ok guys so considering all the information on this thread about the recalls, I just bought a 06 Spec V Sentra and I ran the VIN with Nissan to see if my specific car needed any of these and they claim no. That when you call Nissan they shold have it under your vin and i fthe vin is given and they cant find any recalls needed for your car that no need to have anything done. Is this true? Is the 06 fixed of all the other 2.5 problems since 03? Any advised on this would help? And I have an issuie with my Spec V, some engine noise that I cant pin point. sounds like lifters of valves clicking and a whistling noise in the valve cover. Yes I am using premium gas and i just bouight teh car and there is no lack in performance. 40k, no mods. anyone else hearing clicking or tapping coming from the vavles or lifters? This a common problem? since under 60k, shouldnt Nissan looked at it for free?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also just purchased a 2006 spec v today and was just checkin out the info on the car. It drives great and I also have 40k miles on mine. All this talk of recalls and blow engines is pretty scarey. Do I need to install an aftermarket header??? Is there anything else I need to know as a first time nissan owner?

·
Registered
9 Posts
butterfly screws

i just got my 02 spec v and im not sure whats been done to it but i replace my headers but where do i locate these screws on the secondary butterflies and how can i tell if they been locktited
you have to take the manifold off to find screws there is a butterfly for each cylinder. If you can take it out it probably hasn't been locktited

21 - 40 of 56 Posts