The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ladies & gents, the Alti was all but totalled this weekend by a handicap redlight running retard.

Here's what happened:
At the intersection for my neighborhood, green arrow left, I proceed. The road I'm turning from is a 3 lane road, on the opposite side there's a car in the left lane and 18-wheeler in the middle lane and no one in the far right lane, until this guy.

I'm in the middle of the intersection looking at this 18-wheeler full of golf carts when I notice a car's a shadow underneath it moving at a rapid pace. I knew right then I was f*cked. I slam on the brakes but this guy didn't.

He hit me going about 40mph, I slammed on my brakes and was pretty much stopped. Right front side impact. Engine fluids everywhere, my wheel is at a 45 degree angle. NO AIRBAGS!!!!!!!!

The guy admitted he ran it, I had 4 witnesses who gave the cops a report. The guy was 57 years old, had surgery 5 weeks ago, admitted he was "slow" He had a hearing aid and a speech impediment. The cop said he's still allowed to operate a vehicle - bullshit.

My wife went to the hospital with neck pains, but is alright.

I'm glad I spent money modding this pos non-airbag deploying plastic deathtrap. His car show less damage than mine. He was driving a Corolla S.

So car is sitting in a junkyard in Rockville as we speak, I'm not keeping it after seeing what it does in an accident.

Toyota: 1
Nissan: 0

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics will follow this afternoon, sorry for the bad grammer & shit, i'm still kinda shaky from driving in this morning.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The car has to be moving for the airbags to deploy. I think the min speed is 10 MPH. Sorry to hear that the alti was totalled. It seems that the 3rd gens crumble when they are hit. Good to know that you are safe though.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
You know airbags aren't supposed to deploy in a side impact, right (unless they are side-impact airbags, of course)?

Does the altima have side-impact airbags?

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every witness saw that I slammed on the brakes to avoid a t-bone, they were all happy that I saw his coming, otherwise it wouldve been a very bad accident

Thanks for the support guys

1,407 Posts
Did you beat the old guys ass? Glad you are ok.

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Al Bundy's Friend Griff said:
Did you beat the old guys ass? Glad you are ok.
I got out as soon as it happened, I walk over to him and told him to get the f*ck outta the car right now, after I heard him studder like a corky I decided not to skullf*ck him to death.

I was just glad my wife wasn't seriously hurt.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
man, that sux0rs!! I'm glad you guys are alright, mostly. Way to be observant, seeing the shadow and all. I've been in 3 severe accidents in my Nissans and every one of them I've come out of without a scratch. I have no qualms about the safety of Nissans.

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Creature said:
man, that sux0rs!! I'm glad you guys are alright, mostly. Way to be observant, seeing the shadow and all. I've been in 3 severe accidents in my Nissans and every one of them I've come out of without a scratch. I have no qualms about the safety of Nissans.
Thanks Mike, and as for the safety thing, the fact that we were hit by someone going 30-40mph and were not hurt gives me faith in the safety of Nissans.

I just wish I didn't have to see it leaking brake fluid as it was being hoisted onto the flatbed tow truck. There was reddish black fluid everywhere :(

1,407 Posts
Better reddish black fluid than reddish blood.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts