The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if its actually healping or if its in my head
but i was driving the other day and was wondering what would hapened if i let off the gas and punched it again after the computer changes gears
so i hit the gas and wat the it to redline and once i see the needle fall i let off the gas and the punch it again around 3500 rpm
and if i get the timing right i can get each gear to redline before it goes into the next gear
my question is, is this acutally making my car accelerate faster or is it in my head
also is this good for the tranny?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think the only way you're gonna get it to redline is by shifting it manually. When in Drive, my car will usually shift around 6000rpm, but if I shift it manually at around 6200-6300, it will hit 6500 before it grabs the next gear. No matter what I do, I can't get it to redline without shifting manually.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
DjShiznit said:
No matter what I do, I can't get it to redline without shifting manually.
You're getting beyond the best shift point at redline anyway. If you're floored, the transmission should shift in the engine's optimal powerband. If you're not floored, the transmission will tend to shift early in the powerband to increase fuel economy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well you know how in an auto it you floor it it will shift into 2nd at 6500 or whatever then theres no more aceleration after 1st gear and if it does get to 6500 after 1st it takes to damn long to get there
when i let off the gas while it switches into the next gear and punch it again around 3500 it will get back to 6500 or whatever in about the same time it did as it did when it was in first gear
i was just wondering if this is bad for the tranny

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
By punching it, you're downshifting. You're making thye transmission work hard, but I'd think there's more wear on the engine.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive gotten it down so that it doesn't downshift when i hit the gas but if i hit the gas too far theres a slow reaction but thats the altima for you
but do you think this helps acceleration at all or am i just a retard?

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
1,863 Posts
a stock 1st gen shifts at 5500rpm max, unless you had a chip or ecu upgrade that changes the shift points, and rev limiter settings.

·
Registered
155 Posts
actually, my 93 se shifts at 6500 rpm everytime when its in D.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Can someone help me out here? My car redlines everytime i floor it? The guy that had my car b4 me said something about gears????? I dont know why does it redline all the time when i floor it? is this realllllllly bad??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts