The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
honestly, it depends on how they were refurbished.

If they were refurbished by joe electrician...I'd be cautious.

You're probably talking about factory refurbished though...and in that case I'd say you can buy with confidence. If it goes to the factory to be refurbished it's usually brought up to the same standards as brand-new equipment. Also most factory refurbs come with a limited warranty which will be plenty...just make sure you don't buy it until you're ready to install it and when you do get it...play it frequently so if there is something that will break, it'll happen in the warranty period.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
I saw something about refurbs on TechTV once. They said that if you get something advertised as refurbished that is a current model, rather than "last year's", it may actually have never been used. They said that returns are often sold as refurb. But if it is an obsolete model, it likely was actually used and then reconditioned.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Refurbs usually even carry the same warranties. Best Buy also stocks one of the best warranties.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
i've found a pretty deceant deal for a "factory refurb" rockford fosgate amp. it retails for like $260, and i can get it for under $100. can someone tell me what the difference is with the "punch" series. this one that i'm looking at isn't a punch. and i just wanted to know if there was a major difference between the two.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
:angry4: :angry2: damn last minute ebayer's. i lost the freakin auction!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts