The Nissan Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe with very low miles so I decided that I was going to fix it up rather than selling it and buying a new car. I installed new rims and low profile tires which look sweet. The issue I’m having now, I don’t like the gap between the car and the tires but I don’t want to sacrifice the ride. My question is, is it possible to lower this vehicle without sacrificing the ride?

Here’s another piece of the story. I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2008 but didn’t drive it much. It was garaged the entire time. I did get it serviced once a year though. It only has 22,000 miles on it so it looks brand new. I took it to the Nissan dealer to make sure all was good before fixing it up. The dealer said I needed to replace the shocks and the arm with the rubber bulb that was cracked. This was all due to the vehicle sitting and not being driven according to the Nissan dealer. So, I paid $1,600 to have both pairs replaced, everything else passed!

Now, if I decide to lower this vehicle, would I have to replace the shocks I just purchased? Or should I just leave this vehicle alone a live with the annoying gap?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts