The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal...As some of you may know, if you have installed the side markers on your car, You can either clip to the red and have a steady on light, or clip to the green and have a bliker....Well I have both, kinda. I built a relay system that has a N.O. & N.C. circuit for each side. The only problem is that I also branched the green wire as the trigger for the coil. So during the day when I hit the turn signal that work well, but at night they light up as a parking lamp, until I hit the turn signal, then they blink slightly. The problem is that The green wire sends a pulse of 12V down the line and it pulse the coil so at night the light pulse to blink, they dont fully dump like the front turners do. What I need to know, if anyone can tell me...is the location of the OEM turn signal relays in a 98 GXE. They are no in the panel under the hood. These as the relays that control the blink rate of the turn signals. There will be two and they shoul dbe easy to get at...I am lost, so any help would be great...thanks!

·
Banned
0 Posts
i dunno aboutt 2ng gens, but on the first gen, it is under the steering wheel column. You cannot see it, but if you turn the signal on and reach up, you can feel it clicking. Turn on your turn signal, and listen for the clicking. You will be able to find it.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, now it sounds like it ig going to be a bitch to reach!

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
that's what it looks like on the manual too for 99's.. the relay harness is under the dash...

E56 and E57.. 56 is for lighting of the turn lamps, 57 is for the turn function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.