The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I have gotten tons of good info from all the different threads.

I got my alty about 5 months ago, and I've been thinking about upgrading the alarm system because I just recently installed a Pioneer DVD in dash system into my car(very happy with it). I was looking at the Viper 790 XV. Can anyone tell me if this is a good system, or if remote start is a good or bad idea, and if you don't like Viper, do you suggest a different brand?

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
compustar is good i heard... make sure you get all the sensors you want... i want mine on the hood, trunk, doors of course, and wheel sensors.. in case someone tries to jack your car up to take them off....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Viper 550 .. its alarm/remote start .. no complaints here about it .. i love it .. great range on the remote start and the alarm works great .. the sensitivity on the alarm can range from extreme to mild depending on what you would like .. i paid 249 for everything including installation

·
Registered
694 Posts
CODE ALARM is the way to go

·
Registered
361 Posts
I recently got the 790xv installed, and love it so far.

Viper is one of the best brands.
Cant live without remote start now that I have it.
It has 1/4 mile range on the 2way remote.

I have it hooked for shoack sensor, hood, trunk, or door sets it off. Tons of features that I havent even looked at yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VirtualOutlook 790

VirtualOutlook
:D glad to hear the good review....how much did you pay for it, and how much was it to install?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: VirtualOutlook 790

Heldemon81 said:
VirtualOutlook
:D glad to hear the good review....how much did you pay for it, and how much was it to install?

It was 230 shipped from stereofx and 150 for install. So 380 total.

·
Registered
694 Posts
AUDIOVOX NOW OWN'S CODE ALARM!!

where in the hell did you get that from i dont think that is true for the fact i work at a local audio store that carries them audiovox does not make their alarms that i know of

·
NISMO R-TUNE
651 Posts
98gle said:
AUDIOVOX NOW OWN'S CODE ALARM!!

where in the hell did you get that from i dont think that is true for the fact i work at a local audio store that carries them audiovox does not make their alarms that i know of
sorry i should correct myself a little, AUDIOVOX bought out code alarm's oem division, to make the FORD GOLD ALARMS, if you were an expediter you would know that, i also work in the car audio industry & have been for the last 17 years, next time you see you AUDIOVOX REP just ask him, btw audiovox is a LONG ISLAND N.Y. BASED COMPANY!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
694 Posts
ahhh i see where your coming from the factory alarms for fords and such i think they are in their own division for aftermarket i may be wront and correct me if i am but thats waht i though tthanks man

·
Registered
127 Posts
get the matrix rs3 its the best thing to hit alarm/rs systems

·
Registered
43 Posts
prestige aps city tuff. is a good one.. i go it frm about 250 frm the flea market ( factory direct stores) and got it installed for 60 bucks. im about to add 4way window roll up modual

1 - 14 of 14 Posts