The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Very true with the Altima as the heat or air is never on. With our Rogue it is on as soon as the car is started. Maybe be cause the car is already warm the inside will actually start to get warm instead of driving to get it warm?

· Registered
174 Posts
With the exception of the heated steering wheel, that all works for me. You need to leave the heater and heated seats on before you turn the car off. Then when you remote start it, they'll come back on. The AC/heater display will be off and you can't see the temp it's set to, but it is in fact on.

Page 3-25 of the owner's manual says:

● Vehicles with manual or automatic climate control systems will default to the last used heating or cooling mode.
● Vehicle equipped with heated seats may have this feature come on during a remote start. See “Heated seats” in the “Instruments and controls” section for more information.

· Registered
582 Posts
With the exception of the heated steering wheel, that all works for me. You need to leave the heater and heated seats on before you turn the car off. Then when you remote start it, they'll come back on. The AC/heater display will be off and you can't see the temp it's set to, but it is in fact on.

Page 3-25 of the owner's manual says:

● Vehicles with manual or automatic climate control systems will default to the last used heating or cooling mode.
● Vehicle equipped with heated seats may have this feature come on during a remote start. See “Heated seats” in the “Instruments and controls” section for more information.
Isn't it amazing what you'll find when reading the owners manual.

· Registered
139 Posts
Mine is always toasty warm when i get in it in the mornings.

· Registered
307 Posts
My wife is trying to figure out how to keep the car running after remote start once you get inside the vehicle. She's saying it turns off when the gearshift is engaged.
Can't tell if serious...

As the manual and the driver display states every time you get in the car, you have to step on the brake and press the ignition button prior to shifting out of park.

· Registered
134 Posts
mine works fine at warming up the car. I noticed if I leave the climate control on auto it takes longer to kick in, but I just turn on high heat/defroster before I turn off my car when I get home from work. that way it starts to defrost right when i remote start.

· Registered
45 Posts
I know people with cars from 2007. Their cars will automatically turn on defrosts and blow heat/AC depending on the temperatures. You would think in 2013 that a technology like that would be standard but it is not. Another downfall of the 2013 Altima.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remote start

Isn't it amazing what you'll find when reading the owners manual.
I don"t need to read the owner's manual to know that the seats are still cold when I get into the car that was remote started 10 minutes ago. The switch is in the high position but does not illuminate until the ignition button is pressed.

· DisgruntledOwner Advocate
718 Posts
Works for me. Can't seem to figure out why i can't just tell it where to go though...

· Registered
75 Posts
Mine works fine. I simply leave the heater on and the seat heater switch on and when I remote start the vehicle, they come on making the car very nice and warm when I finally get in it. The steering wheel heater will Not come on when remote starting, you must activate the switch when you get in. My 2004 and 2010 Maxima's worked the same way.

· Registered
174 Posts
I don"t need to read the owner's manual to know that the seats are still cold when I get into the car that was remote started 10 minutes ago. The switch is in the high position but does not illuminate until the ignition button is pressed.
Sounds like a problem with your car, rather than a general issue then... I just checked, and on mine, the light on the seat heater switch comes on as soon as I remote start the car, and the seats do get warm. The AC/heater display does remain dark until I get in and press the ignition button, but the climate control is definitely working despite the display being off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts