The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm thinking about getting a remote starter for my 02 3.5 aliti and i know that you need to have a key hidden in the dash so that the little sensor thing will allow the car to be turned on. If i wanted to purchase another valet key so that it can be hidden in the dash area does anyone konw how much that would be?

***nevermind.. I found out.. I did a search and it came up*****

·
Registered
74 Posts
There's a key hidden in the dash????? I had no idea?? I had it installed before I even picked up my car for the first time! Do all these remote starts have a key hidden? Mine is automate. By the way, I love it.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no no no... there is no key in the dash.... I was told that in order to have your car turn on the little sensor thing inside the nissan key has to be within a few inches from the steering column.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
There is a box called a transponder bypass that is part of the alarm. The box has a key in it, and then there is a wire that goes and wraps around your ignition console. Because the car needs the key with the chip in it to start the car, this is needed to allow the car to remote start.

If anybody needs one, I have one that I took out from my Altima...it's the DEI 555U. I'll sell it for a good price, PM me.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If i am not mistaking, the alarm installers will take your valet key apart to extract the chip in it. the rest of the key is discarded.

·
Don't Mess with Texas
743 Posts
^no they will not take the key apart. they leave the key as a whole because whenever i first got it installed i didnt know and i gave them one of the black keys(non valet key) and when i found out that they could of used the purple key i asked if they could switch it out and they gave me my original black key back whole.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
^^yeah, there is really no point to ripping apart the key. A car theif isnt going to rip apart your entire car to find the key, he'll just move onto the next car. However, i would strongly suggest you get an alarm with remote start. The point being for it to sound before he is able to search for your key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts