The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so i've hooked up the power wire and that is good, drilled and all that fun shit, i've hooked up the ground to a bolt on the black metal piece in the center on the trunk towards the back near the fold down armrest and now i just need to do 2 more things

for the remote turn on wire, this wire is supposedly coming out of the head unit, but is this just a blank wire not connected to anything except the head unit? or is it going from the power to the head unit, i hope it's just a blank wire with one end connected to the HU and the other not to anything, is this right or not?, and to get to this, do i hafta completely take out the head unit?

for the RCA's, i'ma gonna run those up the other side of the car obviously,and i'll just do these the same time as i do the remote, and i know where to hook them up, but yeah nevermind bout those

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i still need to sand it, and for the wire, can get to it without taking out the HU? should i just reach around for a non connected blue wire?

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
ah nope sorry poison, on my 2 old decks and my new one the remote turn on was a blue wire w/ a white stripe. the plain blue is for the power antenna, neither deck even had a red wire w/ a black stripe. a plain red wire yes, and that was the one that turned the HU on when the ignition was on. same w/ my new alpine deck too... perhaps you just have an unusual deck

EDIT: just reread your first post, and i noticed you said black w/ a red stripe, not red w/ black like i wrote. anyway, i don't think that's it

·
0 to 4.3 in 60 seconds
491 Posts
k i just read the wiring chart, and i was right, bout my deck anyway, blue w/ white= remote turn on, black=ground, red=ignition, and there is no black w/ red at all... what kinda deck do you have poisionfist?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my wiring diagram for the HU says that the blue wire is used for the autmatic antenna, will the antenna still come up, it says for an optionaly power amp use this lead, but how will the ant. have power then?

·
Mine's bigger than yours
401 Posts
the remote turn on lead is used for anything that should come on when the radio turn's on, for example, amps, power antenna, etc, you can put both an amp remote wire and power antenna wire on the remote wire, but i wouldn't put anything more than that without a relay...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
aftermarket joint,

alright that works, but i def hafta take out the whole thing to get behind it right? insteading of just feeling around behind it?

·
Nipponese
5,458 Posts
I fyou have an aftermarket headunit, it's the black with the red stripe you want to connect your remote wire from your headunit to to have the antennae come out when your headunit comes on and the other accesories as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts