The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have to turn on my amp from a switch. The remote wire goes from the batt. to a switch, then to the amp. I have no remote wire on my h.u., so where can I connect the remote wire so it can turn on at ACC and when the car is on?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh yeah, and does anybody know if there was ever a 200.2 Rockford Fosgate punch amplifier available? I'm looking at one FS on the internet, but I can't find one on crutchfield, maybe the guy is bs.

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
i believe you can hook the remote wire to yout ignition wire. i used to have my cb radio hooked up to the one under my dash

·
1993 GXE
14 Posts
jared18 said:
i believe you can hook the remote wire to yout ignition wire. i used to have my cb radio hooked up to the one under my dash
try that, it should work. the ignition is what turns your deck on and off with the turn of the key.
usually the red wire, yellow battery, blue remote, and black ground

·
DirtyD!ck MoFo
435 Posts
Off the ignition is the way to go...most reliable if you dont have one coming off the radio.

Im surprised your radio doesnt have one coming out of it....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I might go for the cig lighter. If I connect it to the power antenna wire it'll only turn on with the radio, not the cd. And if I go with the ignition, I won't be able to run my amp while the car is off.

I wanna know how to wire off the cig lighter. I still need the cig lighter, so do I just cut the wire and connect both the cig lighter and remote to it?

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
95_XE said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I might go for the cig lighter. If I connect it to the power antenna wire it'll only turn on with the radio, not the cd. And if I go with the ignition, I won't be able to run my amp while the car is off.

I wanna know how to wire off the cig lighter. I still need the cig lighter, so do I just cut the wire and connect both the cig lighter and remote to it?
that should work. just splice the two together.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright, I finally wired everything up today! The cig lighter thing worked! I took my sub out, I'm probably gonna sell it because I want something more powerful. My Kenwood amp is pushing my speakers now, I've got 300W RMS going to 4 speakers and 2 tweets, sounds so good, just need another good amp and sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts