The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I am looking for is instrunctions on how to remove the head unit from my 2002 Alti.

Anyone?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey i got the climate piece off..then i saw the screws for the headunit...its not to bad
the climate piece pops right off..just be careful...pull it off with equal pressure on both sides...

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Hey Thai. If you want to use your steering wheel controls find the harness that plugs into the original head unit from the steering wheel when you get it out of there. Use a meter to identify ground and which wire corresponds to the closing of each switch on the steering wheel. Then open up your new head unit and identify the wires or traces from the corresponding switches on it and solder the steering wheel control wires on in parallel. You will need a new connector and/or ribbon cable to pull this off. Requires some electronics experience. Both the original controls on the faceplate and the steering wheel controls should then work if the volume is not a knob. All controls should be switches nowadays.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point.

Im may give this a shot! I'll test the head unit first for the correct wires. Then go out in the cold and test the steering wheel controls...

T

·
Youngest OG Member
650 Posts
Altimat said:
Hey Thai. If you want to use your steering wheel controls find the harness that plugs into the original head unit from the steering wheel when you get it out of there. Use a meter to identify ground and which wire corresponds to the closing of each switch on the steering wheel. Then open up your new head unit and identify the wires or traces from the corresponding switches on it and solder the steering wheel control wires on in parallel. You will need a new connector and/or ribbon cable to pull this off. Requires some electronics experience. Both the original controls on the faceplate and the steering wheel controls should then work if the volume is not a knob. All controls should be switches nowadays.
Don't you think that's a little risky,i suggest going to a stereo shop get them to install it and watch so you know how to do it on your own

1 - 7 of 7 Posts