The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I have a 2002 2.5 s altima, My questions concerns the 3rd brake light on the back window. When I bought the car, I had a spoiler put on it from nissan, it also contained the brake light on the wing.
I now want to get rid of the 3rd brake light in the back window..
i've seen on other alty's that they remove it and place a lid cover on it.. Has anyone done this yet? or know where to get that cover?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look into it

THanks Sht Dawg..
Did you disconnect the light? and is there a post or something that can tell me how to do that??:) :)

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
goto www.nissanwholesaleparts.com and clikc on accessories, 2002, or 2003.. and then Altima, and check under spoiler, you should see all the interior color listings for the brake light cover.. as for removing.. when in the backseat, then end of the unit that is closest to you.. push it in and try to pull up, it is held in by a clip.. it is fairly easy to remove..

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Maybe you can try changing the Bulb color and make your car look cool...........

i made mine blue behind my UK sticker. its not too bright or ricey. cant see it too far, but only if you are right behind me. IM getting a spoiler, so i think it combo looks really cool. no cop problems either.

its not this bright really, you usually dont see it like this, its a wierd picture, it looks much better in real life. the K lights up blue instead of just the background

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am goin to buy a new rear deck, I love to drive with the windows down and sunroof open once it warms up here in NC, and I hate the way the piece flaps in the wind. Looks like a freakin used car, so I am goin to buy an entire new rear deck. Anyone know where the cheapest place I can get one at and if I could install it with ease. I have the BOSE system and I think it runs retail about $80 but I cannot remember.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
nissan2k2 said:
i made mine blue behind my UK sticker. its not too bright or ricey. cant see it too far, but only if you are right behind me. IM getting a spoiler, so i think it combo looks really cool. no cop problems either.

its not this bright really, you usually dont see it like this, its a wierd picture, it looks much better in real life. the K lights up blue instead of just the background
I left the brake light there, just an extra safety thing to me. Not everyone is as good a driver as I.:p

BTW, I like the blue Light:cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH AN ENTIRE REAR DECK IS AND IF THERE IS A CHEAPER PLACE ONLINE TO BUY OR JUST MY LOCAL DEALER? THANKS.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
EvolutionDude said:
I bought a 2.5S in Dec of 2002 with the spoiler installed.
After the I picked the car I realized that the Dealer removed the
3rd brake light.
What the >>>>?
Can I get the light back?
If the spoiler was dealer installed there is a brake light that is legally yours. If the spoiler was installed at the factory then there never was a light. You can check to see if you have a hole where the light should be.:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
qoated wrong person

nissan2k2 said:

Sorry i meant to quoate nissan2k2......:p

how did you make it blue?
what light bulb did you use?

where can i get one?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts