The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now that was just ghey...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get the JET chip, and i need to know how to remove the ECU. Details will help. :confused:

·
U13 Drifter
548 Posts
1. crowbar
2. band-aids
3. beer

·
U13 Drifter
548 Posts
or you can go out and get a haynes/chilton manual... sorry if i had a scanner i would get you some pages from the chilton or the FSM

·
Registered
55 Posts
HEHE! That sounds about right in my garage except I would have to place beer as #1, then the other stuff.

·
"Member"
120 Posts
i had to install one in my car two weeks ago. it's real easy. take out the side panels. (one near the gas pedal and then on the opposite side.) then on the right hand side unscrew the plug that connects the wires to the ecu. next look toward the inside of the panels/bottom left and right side corner and you should see two screws on each corner of the ecu. not the screws holding the ecu holder to the ecu but near the black plastic tubing. you'll see what i'm talking about. unscrew both, then pretty much all you have to do is pull the ecu away from the firewall (down toward the shifter) and slide out. it's easier to slide it out from the right side since the gas pedal is on the left. thats it. if you got any more questions, email me.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
if i didn't already know that the ecu is behind the radio console, i woulda gotten lost on the first step. But great writeup.
How much did u pay for the upgrade?
Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.