The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this sucks! I have some real nice scratch marks going down the windshield on the drivers side. I was scraping ice off the alty one day and what I thought was stubborn ice was actually my windshield that I was scraping up.:( I bought an over the counter glass repair kit yesterday but haven't used it yet because I'm thinking it'll only stop potential leaks but not make the marks disappear. Anyone have any ideas other than replace the whole windshield?

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
They have to be very fine to get them out. If you can catch a fingernail on them forget it. Otherwise go to it like crazy with the glass polishing kit and watch the heat.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Altimat! The lines are very fine but I'll try the fingernail thing. I'll have to see what happens. If that doesn't work then.....new windshield it is.....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Isnt there a place that fixes glass like where you get pebble spots?
usually they melt the glass from both sides
ask around ata mechanic or performance shops.
make sure the cold didnt actually crack the glass or something.
ask the dealer they may even tell you of any options.
stay away from wakes and stuff, you get fine hazy line and it will be difficult to clear out.
good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i have 2 very fine scratches on my drivers side winshield but they dont seem to be dug into the glass it seems like a surface abrasion.
but i dunno about toothpaste thing, sounds like just a mess on your winshield

p.s. altimat i cant wait to get my new AT grille on :) . i just orderd it today

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xtrema said:
Try Rain-X or comparable products. May get the scratches out AND water won't stick on the windshield too boot.

But you may have to live with a little extra glare at night.
I'll try that too! Thanks!:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts