The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed their pinstripe on their car? It annoying the hell out of me! What is the best way to remove it without damaging the paint; does anyone have and tips they could give me?

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
4,763 Posts
No real tips here, but it will not damage the paint. Just begin slowly pulling it off, also, if you have a garage and a hair dryer, you can heat up the pinstripe and that will make things that much easier. It shouldn't leave any glue on the paint, but if it does you can always wash it off with some good old soap/water ;)

·
105hp OWNS
105 Posts
Man you are in luck with the pinstripe. I had the family stripe on my car as well. The trick is to heat up the pinstripe and then start to slowly peel it off, but here is the thing if it just keeps on breaking away in small pieces try using a plastic card like a bally's club card something that wont scratch the paint, but does the job. Post how it goes.

·
Genki desu ka
252 Posts
Do what they said and if there is glue left over wax it. you might want to wax it anyway because there maybe minor discoloration.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Park out side on a sunny day for a couple of hours...then go out and start peeling..I started with the front fender and worked my way around....as for extra glue...I used goo gone, a terrycloth towel and a little elbow grease..Came of pretty easily....Good luck

·
Banned
0 Posts
Alty94 said:
Park out side on a sunny day for a couple of hours...then go out and start peeling..I started with the front fender and worked my way around....as for extra glue...I used goo gone, a terrycloth towel and a little elbow grease..Came of pretty easily....Good luck
same effect as a heat gun, but cheaper!

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea pinstripes are easy to take off... my friend took his off and put a different colored one on.... i have no pinstripe i think its best with out one

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried taking some of my stripe off, but there are two lines that are left (around each of the stripes). It's not too noticeable, but you can see it if you get close. Is there any way to get rid of it???

·
Banned
0 Posts
mfroot said:
I tried taking some of my stripe off, but there are two lines that are left (around each of the stripes). It's not too noticeable, but you can see it if you get close. Is there any way to get rid of it???
high pressure car wash, then a nice coat of wax. if not, rubbing compound, but that would be my last resort.

·
Registered
380 Posts
djsassan said:
Don't use a razor like some dumbasses like me. It messes up the clearcoat.
I used a razor and that goo gone shit and nothing happened to my car it looks fine.....But I also went through 2 bottles of that goo gone shit.... :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just took mine off today but you can still see the lines if you get real close....the stipes are not under the clear coat are they?..any way i washed and waxed it and it looks 20 times better now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts