The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll.. I know folks ahave asked before so later on this week I will post it up..

The service manual shows how to go about repairing defroster lines in case they are not working or are cut... just came across it alittle while ago..

·
See ya
2 Posts
Heh.......I just did this yesterday.

Take a spary bottle and mix some dish washing detergent with water. Generously spray the window with this mixture, and then place some plastic over the tint. Something like a garbage bag will work. (I used the original plastic from which the tint peeled off of because my buddy just got done tinting another car). Park in the sun, windows completely shut, and when I say in the sun, make sure the window you are gonna peel is facing the sun, for about 45 minutes. It has to be a warm day too. A cold day will not do the trick. Then slowly start to peel the tint off the window. If it is not coming off easily, let it sit more. Otherwise, pull slowly and it should come off as one big piece.

Take some steel wool and gently wash the window, avoiding the defrosting lines. Good luck!

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djsassan said:
Heh.......I just did this yesterday.
well you didn't actually read my post, but at least the instructions are there..

What I was saying was that IN THE EVENT YOU GET THEM CUT, the Service Manual has the repair procedure on how to fix it... I ran out of time this morning or else I'd have scanned the pages in.

again, thank you though for posting the tint sweat procedure.. should be easy to find during a search.

·
See ya
2 Posts
victor said:

well you didn't actually read my post, but at least the instructions are there..

Actually, I did, but with the subject being what it is, I figured this would be a good time to post it. I scratched the tint on my rear window, and I replaced it yesterday, so while it was fresh in my mind.......

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh ok... I did the same thing, but over a yr ago.. Since then I've been saying I'll fix it up, but I haven't...

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
i had mine defroster ruined when my windows got retinted, but oh well, i live in AZ :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Rick
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing