The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my alty with the cheapa$$ wood trim because i thought it wouldnt be too bad. But its so cheap that it is starting to peel off in some areas like the radio and cup holder. I want to rip it all off and just keep it to the stock frost look...did anyone do this before? I dont want it to have that sticky residue all over the place if i take it off.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but um..im not digging the wood look anymore, i like the metal/frost look alot better around the gauges and stuff..so i dont really feel like bringing it back to the dealer to have it reinstalled or what not..and if i painted it, it would be bumped up from the normal dash still wouldnt it?? do u think the dealer will help me take it off if i said its peeling anyway? :D

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
all u do is take it to the dealer..say that the wood crap is peeling off and you want it replaced but you don't want that wood crap cuz you don't trust it anymore. Then tell them you just want the plain crap because it's not like they are gonna lose money. You know they are gonna reuse that crappy peeling wood on someone else's car.

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really?? does the dealer offer any other trims besides the cheapo wood that i can get for free? :D or should i just tear it the hell off?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
fr0mastaj said:
I got my alty with the cheapa$$ wood trim because i thought it wouldnt be too bad. But its so cheap that it is starting to peel off in some areas like the radio and cup holder. I want to rip it all off and just keep it to the stock frost look...did anyone do this before? I dont want it to have that sticky residue all over the place if i take it off.
If i'm not mistaken a primer is appled prior to installation of the dash kit. The primer will discolor the plastic and would look even worse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts