The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend were out driving tonite, i was driving my moms 2002 buick rendevous, and my friend was driving his 2001 exterra, i took him by like 15 cars by 70mph, i didtn know rendevous were fast, it is surprisingly quick.

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, we both quit at the same time, it was wierd, my friends think the rendevous will beat my alty, and my friends turbo saab, but i dont think it will take the saab.........i do think it will give my alty a run though

·
Bosnian
863 Posts
stats from edmunds.com

Buick Rendezvous
Engine: 3.4l
185 hp
210 tq
curb weight: 4250 lb
0-60: 11.1 sec

I bet the xterra was the 4cyl model

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
I thought it would be alot closer than that. I thought the XTERRA was equipped with a supercharger even though they are in the 175-190hp range. It seems like it would be able to hang with the Buick at least I think.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
If this helps, the SC p/u engine makes 210hp but can only muster a 0-60 time of 10secs; I'd imagine the SUV is even slower being heavier (by how much don't know). One thing I do know is....
Man...those are some UGLY machines-especially the ones that are the same color as the yellow road signs!!!:D

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
That's all the xterra makes in 4 cyl trim? Seriously? Why would they put an engine that makes even less than ours in a SUV that handles like the Titanic and weighs only half that?!?:)

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Even the non SC 3.3 V6 is only 170 HP ... SC are 210 HP/245 LBFT

·
Registered
256 Posts
i wonder why the took the manual option out for this year, i saw a S/C frontier with a 5 spd, but i checked up on it, and they dont make them anymore, that thing could probably haul some ass, anyone know why??

·
bah humbug
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the exterra is the non supercharged, v6, 5-speed and the kid i was racing sux at driving it, but the rendevous seems to be alot quicker than 11 sec o-60, it is really fast

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
shefx said:
i wonder why the took the manual option out for this year, i saw a S/C frontier with a 5 spd, but i checked up on it, and they dont make them anymore, that thing could probably haul some ass, anyone know why??
The 5spd. SC's were detuned to 236 Lb ft ... And the auto.'s were sold 5-1 to the 5spd's...so they just droped all the trouble .. But I believe you can still get a 5spd. SC Xterra , my parents 02 Xterra SE SC is a 5spd. .... '01 was the only year you could get the Frontier in an SC 5spd. ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts