The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not replaced the filter in 180,000 miles. I used a bigger 300zx type(better flow). And wow! This car is much more responsive all the way to redline!

The old filter weighed a ton and all this black mud came out of it when I flipped it over. CHANGE THEM!!

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
Where did you buy the filter?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got it at my local discount auto parts. The 300ZX Filter was $10 and the Altima one was $12...

The 300ZX is much bigger but still fits in the filter clamp. Also buy about 2' of extra fuel hose. That most likely will need to be replaced anyway. The old one was so hard I had to cut it off. New hose makes the install a piece of cake.

1. Pull the Fuel Pump breaker.
2. Start car and let it run till it stalls... (now there is no pressure in the fuel line)
3. Now replace fuel filter.
4. Replace fuel pump breaker.
5. Turn key and let it sit for a few seconds to let the fuel pump pressurize the system.
6. Start car and enjoy the new found peppiness!!

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
hmmmm so it fits.... I wonder if the car would feel the same with a clean Altima filter...

I've got to replace mine...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You probably felt a difference...

cause its a clean one and you changed it. I doubt the filter size would yield much to any performance. I noticed that when I changed mine I did notice a gain but thats cause it was dirty and old to begin with. I guess for $2 more it cant hurt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
changing fuel fiter

sounds good, but i wouldn't let my car run until it stalls to get the fuel out of the line, might be bad letting it run that lean even for just a little bit. But then again it might not be so bad, i wouldn't take a chance like that though

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
Re: changing fuel fiter

SexMachine844 said:
sounds good, but i wouldn't let my car run until it stalls to get the fuel out of the line, might be bad letting it run that lean even for just a little bit. But then again it might not be so bad, i wouldn't take a chance like that though
if you don't have a CONSULT machine to shut the line off, the NSM says to remove the fuse, and crank it until it stalls..

if nissan says to do it, I'll do it.

·
I'm The Yellow Member
681 Posts
I am aware that Chuckster may no longer be on .net, but perhaps someone else can help? I've read it somewhere while i was searching that few people have done it

·
I'm The Green Member
122 Posts
dumbass!!!!! :D just playin..........i would also like to know what year also.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
considering it is a 300ZXTT filter, meaning twin turbo, its gotta be between 90-96...and I don't remember any drastic changes between those years!!!

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
cool, so that makes 300zxtt filter, pump, and injectors that will work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here I am...

I did this over a year ago.. But as I recall I used the filter for the Twin Turbo 1993..

By the way.. I love that mouth Avatar.. I get wood just watching it.. Any full pics of her face? :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts