The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery on a loaded white 2005 SE (everything but NAV) yesterday. I love the thing except for the awful looking fake wood trim (I have the tan interior).

Has anyone replaced that with something else like brushed aluminum or real wood?

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
325 Posts
To this day I don't understand WHY Nissan makes wood standard on ALL blond interiors From 2.5S models with the Conv. pkgs to the SE models

If the SE is SUPPOSED to be sporty, it shouldn't even have wood trim, and if it does, it should be optional.

The wood trim is the reason I never got the Blond interior in the first place. It's not bad in person, but I prefer the Charcoal and even the frost.

But to answer your question, maybe you can buy the fake aluminum trim and replace the wood with it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
ap-signworks.com sells dash kits. dont know if they have been released for the 05's yet though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2003 2.5 SL with the blond interior and the dealer was able to swap the fake wood for the aluminum look trim so I would think the same could be done with your 2005.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnvrfan said:
Question: If you did not like that wood trim why would you pick that car??
Because I like a tan interior, not a fan of black. Figured replacing the trim wouldn't be that hard to do. I'm baffled as to why the SE includes the wood trim. If this is my biggest problem with the car, I'll be very happy!

·
CoatKnee
555 Posts
i got the other trim and i want wood... if u wanna switch im down brotha... or dave hahahahahah

i got the black interior but i want the wood

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coolcourt said:
i got the other trim and i want wood... if u wanna switch im down brotha... or dave hahahahahah

i got the black interior but i want the wood
I'll switch! Do you know how to get the pieces out?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i guess it would be like pretending your swapping stereos, except dont take the stereo out :).

·
CoatKnee
555 Posts
yea, im in san diego where u at? if ur in the east coast imma cry but anywhere in the west im down for a road trip 1/2 way patna... hahaha

i might even buy u lunch...

SIKE

but im down to switch

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
yep I bought aluminum dash kit for my frost interior and YUCKKKKKKKKKKK Aweful mix man, if it was blonde interior it would have looked even worse, keep the wood I think it looks good anyway.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
I have a 04 SL with black leather and I have the wood around the gear select and the window switches. I kinda like how I have the aluminum, black, and wood look all at once. :dunno:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fake wood is sh#t. Period. The nickel finish trim looks awsome on blond. Just go look at a 2.5s w/ out the convenince package (base $20380 car w/ just floormats) and you'll see what I mean. I have seen it on frost though, And your right, yuk.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
makes me soo glad that i have the charcoal interior w/ aluminum accents. i had the blond interior on my 99 alty and i hated it!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts