Nissan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much does it cost (parts and labor) to replace the motor mounts on a 1st gen. Altima?

Would it be best to take it into a shop or for me to do it myself?

G

·
0 Posts
do it urself. it's so easy. i put the place racing mounts in my car on last sunday. if u got car ramps, use them. if not, just get the car up on jack stands. put a floor jack with a wood block under the oil pan to support the engine. take out the front and rear motor mount thru bolt. take out the center member (the piece of metal the mounts are attached to) by removing the 2 front bolts and 3 rear bolts. center member and stock mounts drop out as one piece. remove mounts and install new mounts. if using place racing mounts, the rear mount screws need to inserted at a slight angle because the motor is off by about 1/8". put new mount and center member piece back on car. don't tighten the bolts all the way, u might need some play to line up the mount thru bolts. tighten thru bolts and tighten center member and ur done.

if u have a hotshot header, the pipe will be in the way. but u can work around it. after the install, the car will shake some at idle because the mounts are more solid than stock but it should stop shaking after the mounts settle down/loosen up a little (about 2 weeks). hope this helps.

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts
What sort of advantage to doing this is there?

·
super primer mobile
1,221 Posts
I went through 2 sets of stock mounts in 50K miles. I will not be getting another set of cheap Nissan mounts again. Place Racing will be the only way I go. And I couldn't get it off the crossmember either. Had to take it to Nissan both times. This time I'm going to a local shop because they both charge the same price 100 bucks.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
is it worth me changing my mounts? i think mine now are fine but if it'll feel better i will, how much are the place racing mounts?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just get the Place Racing ones. I like them. My car shakes like champ also with the a/c on. When you first put them in it's real bad, but they break in after a while. When I first put mine in I hated how much my car shook, but it does get better. Peace

·
22,052 Posts
My stock mounts were in perfect shape when I replaced them. I figured the PR's would be nice, and why wait until the stock ones were shot.

The shaking really pissed me off at first. I bitched alot...Solace and VTEC told me to wait, and let them break in...and they were right, it gets better after about 2 weeks.

But the AC on still makes it shake...alot.

I was thinking about drilling a small hole in each mount to give it a small amount of play, but decided against it. I didn't want to ruin them.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
ahhh then I'm scared to put those in... shit I use the AC all the time during the summer and don't feel like driving a blender...

G

·
0 Posts
yeah, that shaking is really pissing me off right now. i'll be happy when it settles down.

as for the center member nuts, it's called muscle FELLAS. haha. late.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Its got to be done if you run a performace clutch...

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
If you find a cheap place to pick them up tell me about it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
SuprStyl
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing