The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boy got this muffler put on a stock saturn and it sounds good as sh** from idle to red line...i got 2 1/4 piping from the cat back with a removed resonator with an arosped the bomb muffler. and my engine drowns out ym exhaust at 5,000 rpms but hsi doesnt...he paid abotu 50 bucks for thsi muffler off of ebay. he put the muffler on with stock piping and it is deep but at the very top it gets loud and that is what i want...i heard arospeed muffler suck so mayeb this cheap muffler will let me hear it after 5,000 rpms...does anyone ahve and explanation why si factory saturn with justa muffler is loud and sounds good but my 300 exhaust isnt as loud or sound good? also does anyoen know if this muffler will produce a higher pitched noise or not..thanx

·
Registered
67 Posts
$50?....well....that doesn't sound right for the price of a muffler...even if it is off of ebay

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Lots of things affect the sound of the exhaust, including the engine itself, firing order of the cylinders, etc.... Not just the muffler.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
altimanut152 said:
$50?....well....that doesn't sound right for the price of a muffler...even if it is off of ebay
that is about right, but without freight. i bought one myself, just so i could have a muffler with a silencer. i had an aerospeed dunk stlye muffler. sounded really low a deep,loved it, but i didn't want to hear it every day.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Whatever it is make sure its not a POS Aerospeed. ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would get somthin like Mine. A magnaflow.

·
i love morning musume
523 Posts
I have a real fireball 5 zigen exhuast and it sounds very low like a bumble bee.................lolz^_^ it cost about 400$..........i bought it back in 1999

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
u get what u pay for bro, please dont buy the 50 dollar muffler, there is a greddy on ebay rite now goin for like 160 bucks...please bid on that, i promise u wont regret it, i love my greddy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I called some local muffler place to ask how much it would cost for a magnaflow muffler and he said around $260, if it even fits.

Is that a good price and wouldn't all universal mufflers fit anyway?

I also saw a magnaflow that I found on ebay for around $60. Yeah its cheap in price and all but it is a magnaflow so would it be better to get that? Oh and if it is f*cked up for some reason, would the lifetime warranty on the muffler transfer over to me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts