The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i just put in the indiglo's and tach is all messed up. I did a search and someone said there was a FAQ on how to recalibrate or reset the needle but i couldn't find it. I need help!!

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
The re-calibration point on my tach (1st gen) is the 6 o'clock position, you are gonna have to keep re-calibrating it tilll it's right, took me like times and my gas is still I off I got to fix it today since i'm off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm off tomorrow i'll try it. So what exactly do you do to recalibrate it. seit it at 6 and........no i didn't mark it before the install. 1st gen.
i think the fuel guage is off too but i can work with that one. my speedo and temp is fine. but the main one i want to fix is the tach. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine idles too low, i think all i have to do is force the needle a little in the other direction and i should work, but wanted to verify

·
Senior Player Hater
263 Posts
I had the same problem, and I asked the company who makes the gauges. I have a second gen, so I dont know if this applies to you but they told me the best way to do it is to set it as close as you can when you put the needles back on. Then connect the wires from your car to the back of the gauge plate, and turn it on. Then do a final recalibration if any of the needles dont match up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think my tach is off too..i installed white face gauges on my 2nd gen (00') a long time ago and i just noticed that evertime i turn my keys to the accessories or on (i forget which) position, that my tach turns up to the 400-500rpms mark..anyways my question is shouldn't it stay @ 0rpms when the car is off..and then, when i turn on the car it should idle @ around a 1000...i know i should've marked the calibration point but i got what i deserved..eheheh =/ ..please help out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay i figured it out. 1st. gens should idle just below 1k (somewhere around 700-800) at least this is how my 94 did. If your idle is too high or too low you're gonna have play around with the needle until you have it right. If it's too low Move the needle to the 6'clock (it probably won't go all of the way to 6) force it just as much as needed to be set right. this is trial and error. If rpms are too low you have to force the needle on the other side of the needle rest.

Don't quote me on this i'm just telling you what has worked for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts