The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to reset the ECU module on a 2000-2001 Nissan Altima? I tried locating the screw on the ECU but without any success. Thanx!

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
ChewieX2 said:
Anyone know how to reset the ECU module on a 2000-2001 Nissan Altima? I tried locating the screw on the ECU but without any success. Thanx!

Look at the gas pedal and go right. It's covered by a plastic panel. Unscrew that and pull it towards the firewall and then pull it (that plastic panel) out.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Re: Re: Resetting ECU on a 2000-2001 Altima

Ry said:

Look at the gas pedal and go right. It's covered by a plastic panel. Unscrew that and pull it towards the firewall and then pull it (that plastic panel) out.
is this for all 2nd gens in general? i need to reset mine also

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Resetting ECU on a 2000-2001 Altima

Siizzzoooo said:
is this for all 2nd gens in general? i need to reset mine also

That I am not sure of. I'm thinking it's like that for first and second gens. It's hiding behind a panel next to your gas pedal..

·
Registered
343 Posts
hen yke the panel off nearthe gas petal and the ecu is sittign there there is no screw hole for the ecu to be reset

good luck chewie

jay `z

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
neo said:
hen yke the panel off nearthe gas petal and the ecu is sittign there there is no screw hole for the ecu to be reset

good luck chewie

jay `z

Last time I looked, there was something there...

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
harry said:

On mine, the hole on the left has a sticker that says "idle control..... something." I looked in that hole and where was a white phillips screw head.

·
Registered
175 Posts
2000 Altimas can be reset just like the rest. You just gotta look closer, it's real small and you can't use a regular sized screwdriver.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The ECU looks exactly like Harry's picture. I shined a flashlight through each hole and couldn't see a screw used to reset the ECU...

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Havik 2K said:
2000 Altimas can be reset just like the rest. You just gotta look closer, it's real small and you can't use a regular sized screwdriver.

Mine looks exactly like that, that white screw... Except I have a sticker around it (not covering).

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
ChewieX2 said:
The ECU looks exactly like Harry's picture. I shined a flashlight through each hole and couldn't see a screw used to reset the ECU...
Were you trying it on a 2001?

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Altima2000 said:
would the battery be depolarized in the 24hrs?
what about all the millions of batteries sitting on shelves at auto parts stores across the nation, they're getting depolarized as well. Sorry for being a smart ass, it's in my nature

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
1fastaltima said:

what about all the millions of batteries sitting on shelves at auto parts stores across the nation, they're getting depolarized as well. Sorry for being a smart ass, it's in my nature
I'm sorry If I'm just being stupid... :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts